Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Netscape 6 Themes contest! iBook prize!

Netscape 6 Themes contest! iBook prize!
yuhui
Aug 9, 2000, 11:30 AM

Hi

I just found out that Netscape has a themes contest: http://home.netscape.com/themes/

1st prize: Philips plasma TV
2nd prize: Sony digital camcorder
3rd prize: --> Apple iBook SE <--
10 honorable mentions: Diamond Rio PMP300 SE

So quit complaining about Netscape 6, design your own theme, and submit it now!

Yuhui

Gopher
Aug 9, 2000, 02:41 PM

That sounds great. Once people start developing themes in mass, the naysayers will hopefully stop complaining about the default Netscape 6 user interface. I agree that it pretty much sucks, but one of the awesome things about NS6 is that you do not have to use it.

I am tired of ignorant people complaining about how ugly NS6 PR2 is before they even check out the other themes that are packaged with it.

I am thrilled to see that AOL/Netscape is sponsoring this contest, but I wish they would give a later deadline. I would like to work on a theme, but I have two full time jobs and so I doubt I could get a decent theme developed by the end of Sept.

Hopefully a lot of other people have more time than I do.

Forum Links
Forum Rules