Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.2 6C115 Really annoying Finder bugs

10.2 6C115 Really annoying Finder bugs
Robo-X
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2002, 08:06 AM

I have noticed that opening a new window in column view by doubleclicking on the HD icon and then opening a new window by again double clicking on the HD icon will increase the size of the new Finder window by 30-40 px. After doing it a few times the window will grow out of the screen size and you can't resize it down to a fit inside your monitors screen size.

Just this bug seems to prove that Apple again will ship a half working version of their new OS and charge full price for it.

There are other bugs which really bugs me but they have all been discussed before.

//Rob

Colonel Panic
Senior User
Aug 10, 2002, 01:31 PM

yes, only 100% bug-free OS's should ship, especially if the company (gasp) would like to be paid for their work!
Everyone other OS ever shipped by any other company was of course free of bugs, so why should 10.2 be any different?

hew
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2002, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
yes, only 100% bug-free OS's should ship, especially if the company (gasp) would like to be paid for their work!
Everyone other OS ever shipped by any other company was of course free of bugs, so why should 10.2 be any different?
I'm guessing this is sarcasm.. if not umm.. Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!

ecrelin
Aug 10, 2002, 03:48 PM

How many times in the course of a day would you double click on subsequnt folders in sequence enough times to make the window bigger than the screen? Maybe some newbie, but I'm not bying that its a major issue. In a multi column view I occasionally open another whole finder window to copy files but that's about it. This bug will be squashed in a update well before 99.9% of users would ever be aware of it.
BUT now that you mention it, the fact that I have to hunt down "discounted" versions from volume vendors and its the same price that anyone can get whether or not they hve faithfully (foolishly?!?) paid for the beta and 10. proper, the damn system should be bug free and make me coffee too for christ's sake, the thankless bastards!

Forum Links
Forum Rules