Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Bad experiences with replacement iPods?

Bad experiences with replacement iPods?
bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2006, 05:52 PM

I recently sent my 3G 10gig iPod into be replaced because the battery was going on it. I ended up getting a replacement for the replacement. The first replacement I received the harddrive died with in a week the device would not turn on even if it was plugged into the charger no apple logo I couldn't hear the hard drive spin up even if I put my ear up to the iPod nothing. The second replacement I received has a sticky hold switch basically you have to flip the hold switch 2-3 times before it would unlock the ipod and I could use the controls I'm hoping to break it as time passes. Also it tends to forget it's settings for example it will forget what language the iPod is set to so sometimes when I turn it on I have to choose the language again, with I'm assuming resets everything else on the iPod.
2.66Ghz Mac Pro 2GM Ram 160Gig HD Ati X1900XT, 24" Dell 2407WFP
13.3" Mac Book Core Duo 2GIG Ram 80Gig HD
12" PowerBook 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 60Gig HD
12" iBook 600Mhz (Late 2001) 640MB Ram 30Gig HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules