Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Theme: FatalE port

Theme: FatalE port (Page 2)
milhouse
Senior User
Jan 9, 2003, 02:41 PM

I think they all look great, most notably the blue, grey and black.

Awesome.
"-Dodge This"

CarbonG4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 9, 2003, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll most likely drop the mac-widgets because 1) I don't really like them myself, and 2) you guys don't seem to want them that much either... which is good becuase I'd like to just keep the original design in both blue and graphite preferences.

I think once the grey version is completely finished I'll see how long it would take to do the black and/or blue variants, because from the looks of it there isn't nearly as much that will need to be changed as there was in Watercolor. It all depends on my schedule though, as my time to work on FatalE is gonna drop quite a bit when the Spring semester starts up next week...

::carbon::

:: Carbon Themes v1.5 ::

Jasoco
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2003, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by CarbonG4:
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll most likely drop the mac-widgets because 1) I don't really like them myself, and 2) you guys don't seem to want them that much either... which is good becuase I'd like to just keep the original design in both blue and graphite preferences.
I didn't want to say it first but I didn' like the Mac Widgets either. I prefer the ones that belong to the theme.

Can't wait for it either.

Beer Penguin
Forum Regular
Jan 10, 2003, 01:13 AM

I think once the grey version is completely finished I'll see how long it would take to do the black and/or blue variants, because from the looks of it there isn't nearly as much that will need to be changed as there was in Watercolor. It all depends on my schedule though, as my time to work on FatalE is gonna drop quite a bit when the Spring semester starts up next week...

::carbon::
I'll gladly do the color variations for you. And this time I know how to edit the localized.rsrc, and the ppats, so I should be of more help. Drop me a line.
Dooby, dooby doo.

iRebound
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2003, 08:31 PM

Carbon, how's the theme coming along? I'm excited to hear that it's almost complete

J_Anderton
Forum Regular
Jan 15, 2003, 09:33 PM

Any updates?

CarbonG4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 15, 2003, 10:07 PM

There's still some work yet to be done... I completed 12 of the 19 items on my to-do list for the Alpha 4 build today. Once I hit all the items I can test out the Extras.rsrc file and then it'll get any necessary touch-up's before I freeze it for release. Then I get to start on the other fun stuff

In other words, it's going slow and I don't have much time to spend on this theme at the moment. Sorry guys, but I'm doing what I can.

-Carbon

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 16, 2003, 03:55 PM

Ohh, this looks great. I used this theme a lot way back before I made the switch. KoL's original is fantastic, but this looks even better, much thanks to the semi-transparent window edges of OS X.
Looking forward to a release, like everyone else

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 16, 2003, 04:56 PM

I got bored, so I took the liberty of creating an AboutBox.tiff, a BootPanel.pdf and a loginpanel.tiff, in case you haven't gotten around to finnishing those off. As you can probably see, I used the Finder background image from your Alpha 3 shot as a base to work from. Here are some previews. If you're interested, just drop me a mail

AboutBox:

BootPanel:

loginpanel:

I also made an Aqua Blue.jpg, but that's just a light gray gradient, so I didn't think there was much of a need for posting it

If you're short on time, I could do DMG background images and such if you want me to, if you haven't done them already.

CarbonG4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2003, 06:02 PM

Cerbero, wow, I like what you've done and would be glad to use them. I'm definitely short on time and hadn't given much thought to the boot or login panels or buttons, and as you saw the aboutbox image wasn't much to look at that I threw together for one of the alphas.

If you just want to email me the files sometime you can get me at bmuhlach[at]siu[dot]edu or lemme know otherwise here.

Thanks!
-Carbon

CarbonG4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 18, 2003, 08:17 PM

Alpha 4 screenshot:

http://www.deskmod.com/core.mod?show...&skin_id=23652

Had to post it on Deskmod because my university's webserver is currently down...

Anyway, Alpha 4 is a pretty big update as you can see from the TDL in the screenshot and it's getting close to finsihed, but I still don't have any official release dates for it. I can only hope for the end of this month right now, but no promises.

-Carbon

Jasoco
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2003, 09:17 PM

But I want it now, Daddy! Oh, and by the way.. I want a feast! I want a bean feast!

But mostly I can't wait for FatalE.

swiz
GUI Punk
Jan 19, 2003, 02:52 AM

This is looking really tight Carbon. Cant wait to use it.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

J_Anderton
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2003, 11:09 AM

Alpha Four looks brilliant Carbon. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2003, 01:19 PM

It looks like you're getting close to being done Carbon. Let me know if you want me to start working on the icons...btw, are there ones I could port over. I'll need them if there are.

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 19, 2003, 01:58 PM

wagmedia: There aren't any icons available that have been made specifically for FatalE. At least I think so..

Carbon: Wow, you changed the Item Info color Didn't think that could be done. All themers should do that.

CarbonG4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2003, 04:47 PM

originally posted by Cerbero
Carbon: Wow, you changed the Item Info color Didn't think that could be done. All themers should do that.
Cerbero, yeah I actually picked that little trick up from Mediaman_12. He figured it out when he was working on the Silver variant of my Watercolor port. That's the first time I've seen it done anyway.

For those themers interested it is really easy to modify, it's located in the Extras.rsrc file at clr# 384 -- index 47 (the last swatch color).

-Carbon

swiz
GUI Punk
Jan 20, 2003, 12:17 AM

For those themers interested it is really easy to modify, it's located in the Extras.rsrc file at clr# 384 -- index 47 (the last swatch color).

-Carbon
Cool, its the little things that count.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

KoL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2003, 05:13 PM

cool
Im looking foward to the icons wagmedia

@ CarbonG4: the theme is looking great

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2003, 01:29 PM

KoL, are there any icons to port over or should I be starting from scratch?

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2003, 05:08 PM

OK, I had some free time and decided to get hopping with the folder icons. Here's how they look:

You can download them here: http://icons.wagmedia.com

Macanoid
Senior User
Jan 21, 2003, 05:25 PM

Wow, and uh..WOW! Those look really cool. please please, hurry up with the theme please!

BuD-TheDude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2003, 12:44 AM

Well, I just registered so I could personally tell y'all how much I am enjoying this theme, though all that is available are screenshots. This is *the* one theme that could do Mac OS X justice; many others, although complete, seem a tad crude...

Anyway, a preemptive "thanks-a-whole-bunch,-I-shall-never-go-back-to-Aqua"

KoL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2003, 08:43 PM

sorry for the late reply wagmedia, but Im very busy with college now

no there are no icons for FatalE, I was going to make some icons but I didnt and WOW I like those icons Im going to convert the roght now (for personal use )

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2003, 01:35 AM

Cool, I'm glad you liked them KoL. There's someone that already converted them to XP if you haven't dome them already. I can send you the contact tomorrow if you want it.

KoL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2003, 08:33 PM

yeah I know him hes my frien. he was my host for some time

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2003, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by wagmedia:
OK, I had some free time and decided to get hopping with the folder icons. Here's how they look:

*image snip"

You can download them here: http://icons.wagmedia.com
Brilliant !!!

Great work wagmedia.

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2003, 03:05 PM

So.. How's the theme coming along Carbon?
Sorry if I'm stressing you out or anything, just wondering if you have a status report

CarbonG4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2003, 08:59 PM

Well I finally got to work on it a little bit more earlier today... right now the *goal* is to have a 0.9 release out by the end of next weekend, whether this will happen or not I do not know. Then I intend on fixing up what I know is wrong with the theme and getting it in shape for a 1.0 release, and then I'll start taking feedback for the 1.0.1/1.1 update and other subsequent updates.

-Carbon

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 25, 2003, 05:28 PM

Cool, can't wait

Forum Links
Forum Rules