Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > iTunes Button and Progress Bars Theme

iTunes Button and Progress Bars Theme (Page 3)
cloudaj
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2004, 07:48 PM

YOU MUTHA ******* PIECE OF **** YOU ARE WORTHLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

naw, just playing Its done when its done, hope you are feeling better now and getting rid of some of the workload.

Although, when i saw the post, i did think to myself "oh yeah, its comes out tomorrow"

CarbonG4
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2004, 07:48 PM

Don't apologize dude, it feels good to get into themeing and be on a roll w/ a release date... but you quickly learn that you have to put school, work, and your personal life first. It should be entirely understandable by everyone in this community, but unfortunately it isn't sometimes.

Anyway, your theme looks extremely nice, I wish you the best of luck in the contest dude.

//Carbon

:: Carbon Themes v1.5 ::

Jaey
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2004, 08:05 PM

Whatever, take your time, make it look nice. I'm looking forward to it.

samvermette
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 19, 2004, 08:16 PM

First time reading the thread.

Looks very promising indeed. Can wait for it to be released! Keep up the good work!

Dace
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2004, 12:04 AM

Why don't you just call the theme: "Liquid Crystal"? Sounds more fitting...I think. LCT Liquid Crystal Theme

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 20, 2004, 07:19 PM

this theme is looking great
( Last edited by wibs; Jan 22, 2004 at 04:26 PM. )
DigitalRamen sucks.

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2004, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Dace:
Why don't you just call the theme: "Liquid Crystal"? Sounds more fitting...I think. LCT Liquid Crystal Theme
Dace, you win the "Name The Shiny Variation of Digital Device" Contest�. That's definitely a cool name, quite fitting for this:

Thanks for thinking of it!

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

Dace
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2004, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by WICKEDfour:
Dace, you win the "Name The Shiny Variation of Digital Device" Contest�. That's definitely a cool name, quite fitting for this:

Thanks for thinking of it!
Wohoo!! What do I win? An advanced copy of the Digital Device theme?

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

samvermette
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2004, 06:31 PM

So.. is it coming any time soon?

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2004, 08:04 PM

Samvermette, Digital Device is coming on February 2nd. I'm not sure when the glossy version will be done.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

mac15
Senior User
Jan 24, 2004, 10:46 PM

Awesome! Another great day for mac users, omniweb and digital device

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2004, 02:42 PM

For those of you following this theme, make sure to check out Joe's interview and preview of Digital Device at macthemes.net

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2004, 04:51 PM

Here's a few updates:

I have a button template started for the Safari button replacements; the Safari kit should be included with the theme and shouldn't be extremely hard to do.

A big thank you to Phill and MacThemes for the awesome preview for Digital Device and the interview with me. I wanted to have some desktop wallpapers for everyone to get when the preview went live, but time didn't permit.

The slider elements are in active design; they're the last big part of Digital Device that I haven't really touched yet. So far I have the track and the active round knob designed. (Thanks to Adam Betts for covering up my shortcoming in the Digital Device preview image, I owe you one )

Some small and mini elements need to be offed.

That's all that's left, and it's a good thing, too. I'll also have some wallpapers for you; some of them are huge versions of some of the theme's elements (progress bars for example). There's also that swirley one that I made before; I'm going to try and make that cooler.

Seion
Jan 27, 2004, 06:03 PM

Here's a few updates:

I have a button template started for the Safari button replacements; the Safari kit should be included with the theme and shouldn't be extremely hard to do.

A big thank you to Phill and MacThemes for the awesome preview for Digital Device and the interview with me. I wanted to have some desktop wallpapers for everyone to get when the preview went live, but time didn't permit.

The slider elements are in active design; they're the last big part of Digital Device that I haven't really touched yet. So far I have the track and the active round knob designed. (Thanks to Adam Betts for covering up my shortcoming in the Digital Device preview image, I owe you one )

Some small and mini elements need to be offed.

That's all that's left, and it's a good thing, too. I'll also have some wallpapers for you; some of them are huge versions of some of the theme's elements (progress bars for example). There's also that swirley one that I made before; I'm going to try and make that cooler.
I'm very curious, as this is a major issue I've had making Trekkie:

How did you get around the dissapearing control text when it's not on a button, due to it being the same color as the background?
Normal People Worry Me.

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2004, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by Seion:
I'm very curious, as this is a major issue I've had making Trekkie:

How did you get around the dissapearing control text when it's not on a button, due to it being the same color as the background?
You don't. That's the current problem.
[Addition] I had to change the control text color to a dark text color, which doesn't produce the nice cutout effect on the buttons.

In the future, you'll be able to do this, but that's a long ways off and this specific feature is pretty low priority for ShapeShifter.

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2004, 07:00 PM

[Addition] I had to change the control text color to a dark text color, which doesn't produce the nice cutout effect on the buttons.

In the future, you'll be able to do this, but that's a long ways off and this specific feature is pretty low priority for ShapeShifter.
Yep that's a pain..
I'm having the same problem with a dark/white theme. I had to change the color of all the buttons.
One can hope that a future release of SS will fix that..
Don't know about the priority but there is still a lot of text problems to fix IMHO..
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

Seion
Jan 28, 2004, 02:43 AM

Yeah, I can't rightfully release Trekkie without this being implemented in ShapeShifter.

I can't live with how un-LCARS it makes the theme look if I have to make the control text on buttons non-black.

But to go back to you theme, will the Glossy version be a ways off, or relatively soon after DD's original release?
Normal People Worry Me.

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 09:45 AM

Given the confusion over the contest deadline, I suppose we won't see DD until tomorrow�
?

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 2, 2004, 02:12 PM

You'll see it today. However, I'm thinking that it's going to be a later release, around 6:00 or 7:00 CST, depending on some...things.

I sealed the Global Elements "tomb" last night, hooray!!! Man, the sheer number of popup button resources are beyond sanity, and I had to spend a lot of time guessing the behavior of the sliders.

However, I'm not done yet. Still within the realm of incomplete are the Safari replacement images and some Menu Extras. The Menu Extras will be taken care of and the Safari images just need to be done, so nothing to worry about but sitting down and making them. The designing of them shouldn't be that hard either.

To reiterate, Digital Device will be available this evening (CST Time) and will be submitted to Unsanity's theme contest in time for the deadline.

Seion
Feb 3, 2004, 01:22 AM

To reiterate, Digital Device will be available this evening (CST Time) and will be submitted to Unsanity's theme contest in time for the deadline.
Any updates on the status of release?
Normal People Worry Me.

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 03:57 AM

Originally posted by Seion:
Any updates on the status of release?
it's on! Check the contest.
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 3, 2004, 08:20 AM

Wow. I completely underestimated the workload this last night. Anyway, the theme is great, in my opinion. I think that I got the level of completedness that I was looking for. I did make some major parts of the Safari skin, but it was late and they were conveniently in the wrong format. Ugh. So, I screwed up a little. However, not all is lost; you can download DD from the Unsanity site. I won't provide a direct download link for courtesy of the other contest participants, but please be sure to check it out and maybe even vote for it.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 08:38 AM

I did make some major parts of the Safari skin, but it was late and they were conveniently in the wrong format. Ugh. So, I screwed up a little. However, not all is lost; you can download DD from the Unsanity site. I won't provide a direct download link for courtesy of the other contest participants, but please be sure to check it out and maybe even vote for it.
So far its a front runner....just waiting on the safari stuff before its usable.

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 3, 2004, 09:18 AM

In case anyone else asks:

There are some desktops finished and the main portions of the Safari replacement finished, but the Safari replacement images are in the wrong file format at the current moment and needs a few more resources added. I'll try to get that done soon, but I'm at a critical point of time for a large amount of projects that I have due in February, so I'm not sure how much time I will have. Once they are ready for distribution, I will put them on my web site and ask Unsanity to change the link they have for my name to a DD mini-site where the Safari replacement and the desktops can be downloaded.

That's the deal. I'll try to add some more to the Safari replacement, but school really needs to come first now. I want to make about 1 more desktop, then I'll get those out in the open.

Seion
Feb 3, 2004, 10:12 AM

WICKEDfour: I really like the progress bars that you have for Digital Device.

I think that style would fit well within Trekkie... Would you mind if I used a likewise style for Trekkie?

I don't want to rip you off, hence I'm asking.
Normal People Worry Me.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2004, 10:52 AM

this is a wonderful theme, and i cant wait for the desktops and safari buttons to hit, but what about icons? this minimalist style isnt one ive really experimented with, so i dont really have many icons that arent 3d(ish) any suggestions on icons?

btw this theme looks kinda funny with xenogensis toolbar icons.

def H H H
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2004, 12:16 PM

I voted for you Joe (#1), and I'll say it again... excellent work.

kovacs
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 01:37 PM

Great stuff, this one of the few non-aqua themes that I like and that I can and will use for longer than a day, I'm looking forward to the safari buttons...

jerseyfreeze
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 3, 2004, 05:34 PM

I, too, am anxiously awaiting the Safari skin.

This theme is just terrific, and I'll definitely be sticking with it for awhile.

My only complaint is that the Bluetooth menu bar icon isn't dark enough. I think it should be the darkest shade rather than the middle shade. It almost looks like Bluetooth is inactive.

-Jason

AWShuttleworth
Feb 3, 2004, 05:56 PM

I mad crazy dig this theme - tr�s slick - but it contains a funny bug that makes it unusable to me. The bug appears to be unique to Adobe InDesign: text boxes in dialogues and pallettes in this application appear to be working when you are typing into them, but the contents of them become invisible when those text boxes lose focus.

For instance, I can see what I am doing while I am choosing a text size in the Character pallette, but when I have decided on a text size and go back to editing content, the text size becomes invisible and I cannot see the number I have chosen.

Any hope of this being repaired? I would love to be able to use this theme!

servo
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 3, 2004, 06:39 PM

I really like this theme, but I think it is very much like Eylo in that it really needs it'
s own safari skin and icons in order to work. Digital Device and Eylo are so far out of the normal look that your typical OS X appearance does not work with them.
I'm really hoping you keep things going and come out with some system and application icons to go with this theme.

Mac_Guy15
Feb 3, 2004, 07:16 PM

Shapeshifter does not reconize it?! Am I missing something here? Help.

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Feb 3, 2004, 07:42 PM

you need shapeshifter 1.1

bluevertical
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 3, 2004, 08:35 PM

pleeeeeaaaase... i need the safari skin and desktops to use this theme. looks really bad without safari skin... plus i cant vote on it w/o using it.
cheers.
bv.
blueverticalstudio_ boston new york los angeles
www.blueverticalstudio.com
www.theblogproject.com

Holigen
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 09:18 PM

Pretty nice theme Joe. I voted for ya too. I love how different this is.

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 09:36 PM

As much as I like this theme, I can't use it for long without the Safari skin�

kovacs
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2004, 07:14 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have found a bug, in Preview the next arrow looks strange...

mrtew
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2004, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by kovacs:
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have found a bug, in Preview the next arrow looks strange...

I don't know... I think that's a bug in Preview. I have seen that same thing in my theme too. And you only see it for a few secongs and then it disappears right? Like if you click in the window or resize it or anything it goes back to normal. If it is a bug in the theme I'd like to know what the problem is too, because I have it sometimes also. The weird thing is in Joe's theme it looks like an element of one segment tab is mixed in with the others, but in mine it's more like a drawing error. I don't have dark segments and light segments in my theme... they are all the same value. That's one of the main reasons I think it's a Preview bug.
( Last edited by mrtew; Feb 4, 2004 at 08:08 AM. )

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2004, 09:57 AM

Yeah, there are some odd redraw bugs around town. I actually found out something...You know how the toolbar widget appears blurry on the top edge in Cocoa apps (other than metal)? Well, it's tied to the refresh. If you just click the button and don't move the mouse, you should notice that the top edge is no longer blurry. If you move your mouse, though, it becomes blurry again.

Oh smeger...

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 4, 2004, 08:12 PM

Digital Device is a mighty fine theme and I use it now with glee.

My only suggestion would be to make the Graphite version a straight greyscale conversion of the current theme. Just go to the Universal Access preference pane and Set Display to Grayscale to see what it would look like; damn fine. And in said greyscale version if the Finder text could be changed to black, rather than the grey it currently is, else it would appear too light.

And what everyone else is saying about a Safari skin and some icons too.

Thanks for the mightiness.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2004, 08:32 PM

Wow, it does look good in Grayscale.

Whoa, purple in inverted mode!

Haha, mess with the contrast slider, some weird stuff happens!

There will be a grayscale version some time, but I think that Liquid Crystal will come before that.

Sorry about the Safari kit everyone; I'll try to pull it out of my magic hat or sleeve or something somehow. Most of the buttons are done, so there can't be that much more, can there? (W'uh oh, shouldn't have said that... )

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2004, 01:21 AM

Things that make ya go hmmmmm....

div
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2004, 01:30 AM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
hmmmmm....
;)
Berry nice DJ. They're lookin' mighty purty.

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2004, 04:34 AM

Digital Device has quickly become my theme of choice. I was wondering about the other stuff you made, like the safari skin, desktop and icons etc, is any of that stuff available?

Give more please

WICKEDfour  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 5, 2004, 09:54 AM

*Jaw drops*

Wow! You're the man!

While we're on the subject of icons, here's my lonely folder icon that I made from a previous design I was working on:

Note that the folder was done really quick; all I did was a recolor.

I wanted to do the icon set on my own, but wow, when you have friendly forum posters that whip up something that's a couple times better than anything you could come up with, why refuse?

Hey DJ, maybe we should have a little talk...

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2004, 10:04 AM

wow... nice !

AWShuttleworth
Feb 5, 2004, 10:20 AM

James' icons look fine, but I have to say that I think WICKEDfour's folder icon is more in keeping with the style of the rest of the theme - definitely more understated, and would definitely look more in keeping with the theme's buttons etc. -

I myself would love to see an icon set more like that one -

(Not that you know me or are soliciting my opinion)

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2004, 12:39 AM

first, those icons are looking good .

next, I'm really trying to get into DD but I'm having trouble finding a desktop to go with it. any suggestions?
DigitalRamen sucks.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2004, 12:58 AM

Nice I like both icon ideas.
click one

mac15
Senior User
Feb 7, 2004, 01:29 AM

very cool DJ, they look really nice. How long before a release?

Forum Links
Forum Rules