Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Updated Temperance theme

Updated Temperance theme
fakebanana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2004, 04:21 AM

I made a few more changes to my temperance theme. I'll make the changes available at my website at the end of the Shapeshifter contest.

I've added custom finder labels and fixed a bug with sliders in carbon apps. ( They wouldn't move if you selected the central transparent section of the slider ).

Here's a screenshot:

Apparently the "'label" item in ThemePark doesn't seem to have any effect. Unfortunately, that means I wasn't able to boxify the labels, but I think they're pretty neat looking with the transparency.

Also, changing the tick marks doesn't appear to have any effect either. Which is frustrating because I'd rather that the brighter tickmarks were used for the active slider rather than the inactive one.

Any feedback/info is appreciated.

Fakebanana.com

york28
Senior User
Feb 6, 2004, 01:20 AM

Preview above doesn't load, and I can't access your site today (it worked yesterday), but good work on the theme by the way.
We need less Democrats and Republicans, and more people that think for themselves.

infinite expanse

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2004, 10:27 AM

The label resources only create the fill for the labels; Finder and other parts of the OS that use labels round off the corners "on their own". So far, that can't be changed.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

fakebanana  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2004, 06:58 PM

I made a few more changes to Temperance.

Screenshot:

Now, when slider controls are selected, they're highlighted in purple and I made the frontmost window highlight look a little less like a button.

Fakebanana.com

neo_2510
Feb 6, 2004, 07:08 PM

I like your theme a lot, but what I would like to see is only one color for the apple, the sliders, scrollbars and whatever. Don't start mixing to much colors. Try to do some variations instead... just my 2�

Tarambana
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2004, 07:11 PM

I think thosechanges are for the better. I like them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules