Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Apps Launched from Dock Displays Desktop

Apps Launched from Dock Displays Desktop
damojag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2010, 07:46 AM

Hi,

Just a strange problem here - when I launch an Application from my Dock (not from the Applications folder) my screen shows up the desktop and then the app. For example I am running Safari now but if I were to open Address Book from the dock, the desktop shows and then the Address Book opens.

Not a life-threatening problem, more a nuisance!

Any ideas?

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2010, 11:19 AM

Odd... This is the expected behavior when option-clicking an app in the Dock.

What kind of machine is this? Is it possible when you click the app in the Dock, you are accidentally pressing the option key as well? For whatever reason it sounds like your click is being registered as an option-click.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2010, 04:33 PM

Is there any chance you are using a non Apple mouse?. I recall something similar, if not the same, happened to me with older versions of the Logitech Control Center software.

damojag  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2010, 10:05 PM

I am running a MacBook Pro - it's a problem with my user settings so it's something I may have installed ... some option I ticked! Option-Clicking does the opposite ... it opens the app as normal!

Forum Links
Forum Rules