Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > You do not have sufficient privileges

You do not have sufficient privileges
Meadowfield
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2008, 07:33 PM

I'm setting up a new MacPro with multiple drives and have one primary and other secondary, both with Leopard. I am the Administrator for both. While trying to copy folders from one Home account to the other for backup purposes, I am confronted with the error message:

"The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items"

I've repaired permissions on both drives from within, and confirmed that I have read & write privileges from within the respective get info panes.

Please help.

Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2008, 07:38 PM

Is there a button saying "Authenticate"?

Meadowfield  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2008, 11:25 PM

Afraid not, Adam.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2008, 12:54 AM

This just started happening to me recently, trying to copy between 2 machines running Leopard. I get it when copying from the one I'm logged into, to the one I'm sharing, but I can successfully copy the other way around.

I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but I imagine it was the result of one of the point updates or security updates. Usually it's not a showstopper for me, since it's happening when both Macs are on the same desk, so I can just turn around and do the copy at the destination Mac. But it's really annoying. Especially since I have one folder that I copy between the Macs pretty frequently.

If anyone's heard anything about why this happens and/or how to fix it, pass it on!

Forum Links
Forum Rules