Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Is a trial of old Dreamweaver MX available anywhere?

Is a trial of old Dreamweaver MX available anywhere?
bitjumper
Jan 19, 2004, 08:32 PM

Is there any place to download a trial of the old Dreamweaver MX version?

I'm desparate for a WSIWIG web page development tool that works well! Any alternatives yet? What an opportunity for someone.

I've tried the current Dreamweaver MX 2004 trail and can't stand the performance. I'm only able to put up with emergency minor edits.

Character update rates are about 2 characters per second on my 1GHZ, 768Mbyte, G4 PowerBook. I can't see what I type and nearly always overrun the keyboard buffer before completing a sentence. IT'S ABSOLUTELY TORTURE! (The existing page I'm trying to edit is www.kilk.com/dance. This page uses tables for layout.)

This reminds me of my 1980 college programming days on timeshare systems the night before assignments were due.

Erik

gatorparrots
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 20, 2004, 02:59 AM

I have the old Dreamweaver MX trial installer. PM me ftp server information and I'll upload it for you (~30MB).

bitjumper  (op)
Jan 25, 2004, 05:48 PM

Anyone else know of another source. I haven't been able to connect to gatorparrots. I do have an FTP server available if someone can send it to me. PM me for the address & login.

Thanks,
Erik

wrwjpn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2004, 08:51 AM

PM me and I can help you

Forum Links
Forum Rules