Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Problems with mini freezing?

Problems with mini freezing?
Minty Fresh
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 23, 2004, 08:24 PM

Anybody had any problems with their iPod mini freezing on them. Since Thursday...my mini has frozen twice...while playing songs. It locks hard...trying to power off, connecting to my Mac....nothing "unlocks" it. Except for a reset...do the reset, and everything is back to normal.

After looking around...I've noticed several people over on iPodlounge that have had the exact same problem. Some narrowed it down to if the mini sits for a long period of time, with no use...and then is picked up and used, that it can freeze. Reseting it will fix it everytime...but it's a pain.

One person took theirs back, got another one...and it exhibited the problem as well. What could be causing this....hardware? Software? I wonder if Apple is aware of the problem...maybe a firmware update is needed.

new newton
Banned
Feb 23, 2004, 10:51 PM

1.0. Be patient, oh ye early adopter.

hostvisions
Feb 24, 2004, 09:53 AM

No problems, played it all day yesterday no hangs. I've only got about 500mb on it though.

jewing80
Feb 24, 2004, 11:53 AM

Same thing has happened to me. The count on my Mini is 3 freezes since Friday night. Each time the unit has froze just as a song is getting ready to play� twice on Saturday once on Sunday. No problems Monday and none yet today.

hostvisions
Feb 25, 2004, 12:44 PM

crap, mine locked up last night. Was almost at the end of my battery....wonder if that played in some how?

Kodachrome
May 1, 2004, 04:00 PM

5/1/04

New blue mini ipod..

purchased yesterday... has frozen up 4 times since I purchased.

hard freeze..where you can only get it to work by resetting it holding the 2 buttons in at once resetting etc.

Downloading the ipod software update now.. does anyone know if this fixes this problem?

Forum Links
Forum Rules