Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > A random chinese girl who can really sing.

A random chinese girl who can really sing.
Sealobo
Nov 10, 2005, 12:23 PM

Don't worry, it's an english song.

http://grm.cdn.hinet.net/xuite/56/0c...63/3913063.wmv

Enjoy.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2005, 12:31 PM

Great voice, song suxx.

Outfit ?

-t

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 10, 2005, 12:37 PM

Very interesting. She sure can sing-though I don't think she actually speaks English. Question: Have the Chinese taken up the Japanese fascination with school girls, or is she simply making a fashion statement.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Randman
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2005, 12:49 PM

Is that A*mei?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2005, 12:56 PM

Definitely much better than average, although she hit a few flat spots.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2005, 01:35 PM

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2005, 02:08 PM

She'd likely place among the top of the pack if she were to compete on American Idol.

I just spent a week in China and found noteworthy the manner in which American pop culture is transmitted. The stations available in five star hotels were nearly all in Mandarin - mostly dramas. I stayed in four different hotels during the course of the tour. One of the hotels had a channel lineup that featured only one English station, a terribly lame network that played two craptacular shows repeatedly throughout the night and into the next morning. But three of the four had CNN or BBC World and Channel V for Video (seemingly broadcasting from Taiwan). Channel V was amusing because I saw more American music videos in the span of so many hours than I have seen in the last year on our "music" channels. The show also featured a terrific VJ who would often do hilarous one-line parodies of the various videos. Interestingly, their top 10 countdown featured both new videos and ones that were into decade-old territory, such as Barbie Girl. The number one video was Golddigger, which was only censored for the N word.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 10, 2005, 02:43 PM

Definitely not A Mei. Can't read the name, though—too small and gritty. Zhang Somethingsomething, but not Zhang Huimei. Very nice voice, though.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2005, 08:26 PM

Overall very nice.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2005, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac
She'd likely place among the top of the pack if she were to compete on American Idol.

I just spent a week in China and found noteworthy the manner in which American pop culture is transmitted. The stations available in five star hotels were nearly all in Mandarin - mostly dramas. I stayed in four different hotels during the course of the tour. One of the hotels had a channel lineup that featured only one English station, a terribly lame network that played two craptacular shows repeatedly throughout the night and into the next morning. But three of the four had CNN or BBC World and Channel V for Video (seemingly broadcasting from Taiwan). Channel V was amusing because I saw more American music videos in the span of so many hours than I have seen in the last year on our "music" channels. The show also featured a terrific VJ who would often do hilarous one-line parodies of the various videos. Interestingly, their top 10 countdown featured both new videos and ones that were into decade-old territory, such as Barbie Girl. The number one video was Golddigger, which was only censored for the N word.
Outside of Shanghai and Beijing you're mostly going to get the CCTVs. CCTV9 is the English (now International, as they've added Spanish content) channel. That was probably what you were watching.

I'm a little surprised that you got CNN and BBC World, and extremely surprised that you got anything out of Taiwan. I'm going to assume you were in Shanghai or Hong Kong staying at a nice place targeted toward foreigners?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 11, 2005, 12:09 AM

Your inferences are pretty much on target, nonhuman, we stayed in three five star hotels and one four star hotel in Beijing, Wu Shi and Shanghai. We had BBC in the first hotel and CNN in the second. I don't think it was CCTV I was watching (although I may have seen that too) if you're talking about that awful network I saw. I can't remember the name of it - I know my brother called it the Al Gore Network, but I don't think it was. One of the shows it broadcasted repeatedly was a low-budget video game review show with voiceovers and no hosts, while the other show looked like a PBS documentary on rock climbing. They played the same two shows over and over again. And that was the only English station (this was the third five star hotel). Interestingly, the four star hotel at which we stayed last had the best channel line up of all - CNN World, Channel V and HBO! I think that hotel was a Best Western. Anyway, I apologize for derailing this thread. I need to compose my own so I can tell more of the story and show the one set of geeky souvenirs that gave me a quest to go on through my tour. Oh, btw, China was a great experience that I highly recommend. I would definitely go back in the future, although when I do I'm going to have to spring for Business class because a twelve hour flight in Economy is really rough for taller people.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Nov 11, 2005 at 12:18 AM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

spatterson
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2005, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777
Great voice, song suxx.

Outfit ?

-t
Yeah, the outfit is very, well nevermind... LOL

She is pretty, and the song, well sucks. Remember the episode from southpark with the exploding horse.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2005, 03:40 PM

"The request is not valid in the current state."
Am I the only one who gets this error from WMP?

Forum Links
Forum Rules