Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Pismo 500/384megs

FS: Pismo 500/384megs
torifile
Mac Elite
May 14, 2001, 07:59 AM

I've got a Pismo that's a little less than a year old ready to be sold. (I say that because it's still eligible to have applecare extended on it if you like.) It's the 500mhz version with 12gig HD, 384 megs of RAM and a ton of software installed (which will be removed if you're so inclined). Email me for details. BTW, it's in perfect condition, nary a scratch on her. And it's one of the lucky ones that don't have problems running OS X. Make me an offer because I'm not sure of market value. I'd like to be able to get a new iBook out of the deal if that gives you an indication of what I'm shooting for.

macmonkey
May 14, 2001, 02:16 PM

Why didn't you post this two weeks ago! I already got a 400 Pismo.

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2001, 06:39 PM

Yeah, I just read that on your site, David. How are you liking the PowerBook? Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it. $1400, right?

------------------
[Removed at the request of Apple Legal]

Lazaruspup
May 14, 2001, 09:55 PM

Tori,

I'll offer you like 1400 just for the Pismo form factor. Seeing that the icebooks are rolling out at 500MHZ. If you don't want to pass it on for that, I understand, it's quite a bit to lose. I'll check back and see what you would like to get for it.

Thanks,

Laz

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2001, 11:13 PM

You will get more than $1400 for sure on eBay.

------------------

torifile  (op)
Mac Elite
May 14, 2001, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by murbot:
You will get more than $1400 for sure on eBay.

And you would know Just kidding... I'm still weighing my options. What do you think I could for it?

murbot
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2001, 02:19 AM

Hmmm, I don't know - I've seen a few after a quick look that went for around $1600, but they usually had something like an Airport Card, or VST Zip Drive, etc to help the price up.

I'm not too sure what you could expect for it. You could always try putting it up with a reserve price of $1400 and see what happens. Of course you could change that $1400 to whatever you feel your minimum should be....

Spend some time looking at completed auctions at eBay - that should give you an idea. Only thing is, with more and more iBooks hitting the market daily, the value of your PBook could change really quickly. Sorry I can't be more help.

------------------

DrPete
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2001, 06:11 AM

Would you be interested in a trade for a Titanium G4 + cash? I have a 400/512/20GB that I bought about 2 months ago, and I want to downgrade for financial reasons. I bought it at academic price for $2913.00 plus some for the extra 256MB RAM, so about $3050. I'm trying to get $2500-2600 out of it. The 500 MHz Pismos seem to be going for about $1500 for a basic model on ebay, so the Pismo plus, say, $1000 would get you a TiBook. Let me know if you're interested, or we can play with the numbers a bit too.

[This message has been edited by DrPete (edited 05-15-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules