Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > i need advice please

i need advice please
mike322
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 24, 2007, 10:20 PM

check it out im currently running on a mbp c2d 2.33 ghz 2gb ram ati 256 mb 120 gb hd........my dad said if i trade laptops with him he has a whitebook 1.83 ghz core duo 1gb ram 60 gb hdd combo drive (but will be upgraded to super drive) he would give me the Digital slr i want (nikon D40) he has a nikon D200 with a whole bunch of lens that i can use since its nikon...all i do on my mbp is photography with my dads D200 and graphics work and listen to music would that whitebook be ideal for me and for leopard?
MBP C2D 2.33 ghz

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 24, 2007, 11:18 PM

I'd up the RAM in the WhiteBook to 2GB... should be fine for photography and Leopard.

tavin64
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2007, 02:46 AM

I would tell your dad that you will do the trade if he gets you the D40 and 1 more gig of ram for the whitebook. Its gonna cost him around 80 bucks to upgrade the whitebook to 2gig. You want a D40 or D40x?

variozin
Jun 3, 2007, 08:48 PM

Perhaps you should look into D80 if you wish to use your Dad's arsenal of lenses(which I guess would mostly be non-auto focus). The D40 doesnt have a in-built lens drive that could do auto-focus on non-AFS lenses. But that doesnt mean D40 is not a good gun. Its a perfect little DSLR for any purpose. Even I have it and I love it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules