Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Sleekist sata enclosure that goes with the imac.

Sleekist sata enclosure that goes with the imac.
ghostshadow
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 6, 2007, 12:28 PM

*oops typo, sleekest!*

I'm getting ready to purchase one the new iMacs (YAY!!!) I just sold my powermac, and I have an 250 gig sata drive that I'm going to be keeping since it houses lots of data. I'm looking for the sleekest enclosure that would go well with the new iMac design.

I really like the vantec enclosures, but I haven't found one that goes well with the new iMacs.

I own these two Knox Ware Solutions, Inc. - Ghostknox.com � Vantec NexStar 3 Hard Drive Enclosure Review and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817145125

So, I don't really want one of those models, since I already own them. I was looking at this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817198004

I'm not sure though, because it's too white.

I think this one here is the closest one I've found that would go well with the new iMac. Newegg.com - ICY DOCK MB559UEA-1SMB Aluminum body w/ partial plastic 3.5" USB 2.0 &1394 External Enclosure - Retail

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not really concerned with the ports, firewire would be nice, but not necessary.

Thanks!

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Sep 6, 2007, 04:20 PM

Well, it appears to use an Oxford OXUF924DSa chipset according to the manufacturer's website, which is a good thing.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Forum Links
Forum Rules