Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iCal icon font bug

iCal icon font bug
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2007, 08:36 PM

Upon launching an old project in iWeb (after a fresh Leopard-install on my 1 GHz PowerBook 15") I was presented with a message informing me that Helvetica Neue Roman was missing. I checked my Fonts folders and, sure enough, it was gone. Luckily, I had all my fonts elsewhere, and used FontBook to reinstall it.

Not only did this not fix the problem in iWeb, but it created some problems, notably with odd-looking text on Technorati.com (but it alone, thus far), and in iCal.

The icon looks like this:

And this is Helvetica Neue's listing in FontBook. Notice the little black bullets. What do they mean?

It seems like my installation conflicted with the font already in the System/Fonts folder. Also, the iCal icon appears fine in my Guest account, which leads me to believe that something's awry in my home account. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
( Last edited by rlorenc; Oct 31, 2007 at 08:42 PM. )

MartiNZ
Senior User
Oct 31, 2007, 10:36 PM

The bullets indicate duplicates; you get a bunch for instance if you install Microsoft Office.

I would suggest there's something wrong with that font in ~/Library, and that it is covering up the other version on your account.

Forum Links
Forum Rules