Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Democrat Cat Fight

Democrat Cat Fight
Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2008, 09:49 PM

Wow, the debate is getting pretty nasty. I should cook some popcorn!

Cold Warrior
Jan 21, 2008, 10:08 PM

I tuned in for a few seconds, just in time to see Hillary tell Obama she can't have a serious debate with him because of... [then I flipped the channel back to Fox.]

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2008, 11:17 PM

Oooo... Hillary is hitting pretty hard, and Obama is looking defensive.

I only saw a short clip though.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 11:26 PM

I'm shocked! Shocked to find gambling here!

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2008, 11:35 PM

John Edwards actually looks semi-competent here.

Again, I only saw a short clip and I'm not interested in watching the whole thing though.

The commentators did suggest Obama is the front runner in this debate, at least for the South Carolina audience though.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2008, 01:08 AM

You know, everyone is saying how there could never be a Clinton/Obama ticket (I'm assuming that she wins the nomination), but in a way, the more they fight, the more I see it happening. Hillary is going to tick off a lot of Obama's supporters, and she needs them. It would be a way of unifying the party after this fight, which looks to be going on for a while still.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2008, 01:45 AM

CNN was interviewing the black female demographic and some analysts about this, and this very comment was made. Many didn't think a woman would be viable in a race this soon. Many didn't think a black person would be viable in a race this soon. That both are now in the race and both a viable is a dilemma. They're pleasantly surprised but also concerned they have to choose. They said that a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton P/VP would make it a no brainer. (The problem is they really don't like each other.)

That said, a few others said it was insulting that everyone assumed a black woman would vote only either for Clinton or Obama, just because of their gender or colour. And yeah, that's true. It's pretty insulting.

Forum Links
Forum Rules