Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Video Weirdness

iPod Video Weirdness
Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2008, 01:29 PM

Hey,

My friend's iPod Video has been acting weird lately. I tried to restore it but I keep getting error messages. I found that pressing menu+select and then menu+play would restore it, but anyways, I would like to know why iTunes fails to restore it.

I think that it may have a bad sector? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advanced,
Hg+

Hg2491  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2008, 04:37 PM

Ouch.. nothing?

Well, thanks anyways

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2008, 06:09 PM

No button press combination will "Restore" an iPod. A button combination will reboot the iPod, but to restore one you need to have it connected to iTunes and then perform the actual Restore function. If iTunes recognizes the iPod, then you can probably restore it, but make sure that the latest version of iTunes is installed. If it can't recognize the iPod you have try to force it to do so by rebooting the iPod. If the iPod in question isn't too screwed up you can usually restore it. If you let us know more details about what it's doing, we can probably help you more.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Hg2491  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2008, 10:56 PM

After I tried the combination the iPod went blank and the iTunes I'm using is the latest version.

All started when we transfered a VMware virtual machine to my friends iPod because another friend needed it. Ever since, that file cannot be deleted and if you try to changed it in any way the computer freezes. After that the iPod didn't recognize the music twice even though Finder would say that it was full. Now that we tried to restore it, iTunes failed to do so.

I don't know what else to tell you, I think this is all.

Thanks again,
Hg+

Forum Links
Forum Rules