Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie Matrix Effect

iMovie Matrix Effect
Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2008, 03:43 PM

My best guess is that there is no easy way to do this, but I want to take some video in iMovie and make it look similar to this scene where Neo could see everything in green source:

http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Imag...llpaper800.jpg

Is there any clever way to accomplish this feet... or even get close to the effect? The scene isn't that deep (I mean in terms of depth of the room or items), so it's primarily a vertical effect.

The best thing I could think of doing is splitting the video int indivdual frames and applying a transparent overlay of some other video of the green matrix effects. I'm not much of a video guru, so even that will be a challenge for me to figure out. Any suggestions? Is there hope?

miawj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2008, 06:37 PM

I've no idea. But I wish someone would hurry up and write an updated asciiMac hack for System 10.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2008, 08:37 PM

i'm sure livetype 2 has some similar effects, but not exactly what you need.

Forum Links
Forum Rules