Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Notifications

Notifications
Eldberg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2016, 09:44 AM

I think this is an OS question and not an Application one.

In the top right corner of my screen there is a symbol which opens something I believe is called "notifications" in English (my Mac speaks Swedish). Some of the entries in this window are links to stuff on the web. When I click one, Safari starts up and shows the indicated page. But I have stopped using Safari. Chrome is my present browser. Is there any way I can change the Notifications to open Chrome instead of Safari?

Eldberg

andi*pandi
Jan 21, 2016, 01:20 PM

Go to Chrome settings, there is a place to make Chrome the default browser.

chrome://settings/

Eldberg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2016, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Go to Chrome settings, there is a place to make Chrome the default browser.

chrome://settings/
Forgot to mention that I have already done that. Still, the Notifications open Safari.

P
Jan 21, 2016, 02:37 PM

Only way I know how is to tell Safari to stop sending notifications (go to Safari -> Preferences -> Notifications in the application itself, and click "Remove all") and then add the notifications back in Chrome.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Eldberg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2016, 05:02 PM

Thanks P. Removing them from Safari seems to work but searching the Chrome settings, I can't find anything related to "notifications" nor any way to "add the notifications back".

Åke

P
Jan 22, 2016, 07:13 PM

While I don't use Chrome, I believe you add them back on each specific site by going to that site and, when asked, allowing it to send notifications. Someone who uses Chrome can correct me if I'm wrong.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules