Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Blessings of SUVs.

Blessings of SUVs. (Page 9)
suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 09:01 AM

Anybody know where to host HTML files?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by suvsr4terrorists
Anybody know where to host HTML files?
Yep.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by porieux
SUVs are for dumb people.
How do they help those who can't speak? I don't get it...
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

The Mick
Senior User
Aug 19, 2005, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
How do they help those who can't speak? I don't get it...
I lawled.

I'm not going to call an ambulance this time because then you won't learn anything.

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 10:25 AM

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 19, 2005, 10:30 AM

I thought you were done with this thread, Subaru Fanboy.

You just can't leave it alone. I've already promised to never buy an SUV because I think you honestly have saved me from those evil machines. Is there an Anti-SUV church I can come and pray with you at? Is it a cult? Do I have to give away all of my posessions? I don't have to become gay do I?

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 10:41 AM

Pretty sad. The top flaming, most controversial topics in MacNN.

Religion, Homosexuality, Politics, and SUVs.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 19, 2005, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Pretty sad. The top flaming, most controversial topics in MacNN.

Religion, Homosexuality, Politics, and SUVs.
Who's man enough to start a thread about Elton John and seventeen of his closest boyfriends taking a fleet of Cherokees to Iraq to sing "Jesus wants you for a sunbeam," outside mosques.

pooka
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2005, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Troll
Who's man enough to start a thread about Elton John and seventeen of his closest boyfriends taking a fleet of Cherokees to Iraq to sing "Jesus wants you for a sunbeam," outside mosques.
Start a thread? I'll donate for the ****ing trip.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Aug 19, 2005, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter
But your traffic issues in a 172 are not nearly as bad as they are on the ground; further, you NEVER sit in line at a Jack in the Box drive-through window running your Cesna...

I've noticed that "good" motorcyclists are better drivers too. That of course discounts the idiots who weave in and out of traffic on bikes that are way too fast and powerful for their riders' skills. In your case, with all the stuff you'd have to have to fly (starting with a Jep case and moving on to some luggage, etc.) having a large vehicle to get back and forth to the airport makes sense. You are NOT commuting five miles from home to work, alone, in stop and go traffic. That sort of thing, plus the "drive-through window" crowd is what really burns me up; there seems to be no way to turn off some people's vehicles while they're waiting for their burger...and they stink up the air I breathe while they're waiting.

Great, you understand my case for an SUV.
I do understand the arguement against it as an intown runabout.
Hell I don't get the bling 22" spinner wheels on the gas hogs.
And then crusing Buckhead with them. Pointless waste.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 19, 2005, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by pooka
Start a thread? I'll donate for the ****ing trip.
No can do. I just checked - Elton is "tied up" and his publicist says it will take them at least a month to get the smile off his face.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 11:35 AM

ha-ha....

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2005, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
My parents got a Chrysler pacifica. It's sort of a SUV.

But not as tall.

More like a tall station wagon.

I dig it. Gonna take it to the beach this summer.
HA!

Sort of an SUV, huh?

It's hot. I drooled on the first one I ever saw.

Better hurry. Summer's almost gone.

Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 11:41 AM

The chrysler pacifica is a minivan. So are most SUVs. They just don't want to label them that way otherwise nobody with a small penis will consider them.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 11:47 AM

No, it's a station wagon. A big station wagon that drives just like a car. I know a guy who owns one and he hates it. Too many things going wrong with it. They are nicke and diming him to death. Of course this is just one person and I'm not sure of the overall rating on this vehicle. It does look cool and is a seemingly great combination between an SUV and a Station Wagon.

"Most SUVs are minivans". Dude, you are wack. What is this fixation you have with small penises? You aren't projecting now are you?

I mean, some may say the same about people and their Subarus...

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 12:02 PM

Nah, my penis rocks.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 12:07 PM

Then you'll enjoy this quick google...

http://www.danwei.org/archives/000774.html

WARNING: Adult content linked.
http://www.imomus.com/dailyphoto290600.html

And, this is in almost as poor taste as Ca$h saying his penis rocks.

strictlyplaid
Senior User
Aug 19, 2005, 12:07 PM

Nah, my penis rocks.
Evidence?

budster101
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 12:13 PM

He said he has "Rocks in his head"....

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by strictlyplaid
Evidence?
Hold on let me scan it.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2005, 12:23 PM

Don't get it caught in the slide scanner

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 12:30 PM

har har har har.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 12:34 PM

I bet it takes about a millisecond to scan....

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Troll
Originally Posted by budster101
No, it's a station wagon. A big station wagon that drives just like a car. I know a guy who owns one and he hates it. Too many things going wrong with it. They are nicke and diming him to death. Of course this is just one person and I'm not sure of the overall rating on this vehicle. It does look cool and is a seemingly great combination between an SUV and a Station Wagon.

"Most SUVs are minivans". Dude, you are wack. What is this fixation you have with small penises? You aren't projecting now are you?

I mean, some may say the same about people and their Subarus...
My parents has had it for almost 2 years. Not a problem.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2005, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader
The only universal statement that is ever correct is the one that states: Whenever you use universal statements you are always wrong.

My uncle owns a deisel pickup. He is not a contractor nor does he use it for work. He uses it to tow his camper.

Once again the exception to the rule comes up, which can always be brought up. At at best its an attempt to detroy the poster's validity.

In my area (which, if you read my sentence, states as such) noone but Contractor's buy Diesels.

Yes there are people that have random diesels here and there but seeing as they are a tiny minority, I leave them out.

When you speak in absolutes its implied that a small amount of people are the exception to the rule, they always are, and its poitnless to mention it in an attempt to point fun at the poster.

Noone has even said a WORD about the monster CTX I pictured, yet they find it their business to derail this thread further.

So, if you reply to this post, please also mention your thoughts on the CTX and why it should not be allowed on the road without a special liscence.

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 05:04 PM

Sek, you failed to point out that kilbey's complete contradiction, the whole 'whenever you use universal statements you are always wrong'. I'm ... like 50% sure he meant that as a joke though.

baw
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2005, 05:08 PM

Got my Pontiac Vibe today. That car is sweeeet.

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by baw
Got my Pontiac Vibe today. That car is sweeeet.
Seems alright. I didn't like the interior layout much, especially those gauges... but I like the form of the vehicle overall. Could be a little bit wider though.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 05:27 PM

You must really be a pain in the ass to live with.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 19, 2005, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by sek929
Once again the exception to the rule comes up, which can always be brought up. At at best its an attempt to detroy the poster's validity.

In my area (which, if you read my sentence, states as such) noone but Contractor's buy Diesels.

Yes there are people that have random diesels here and there but seeing as they are a tiny minority, I leave them out.

When you speak in absolutes its implied that a small amount of people are the exception to the rule, they always are, and its poitnless to mention it in an attempt to point fun at the poster.
HA! Even Rob got it. You sure seem insecure.

What is "your area?" You originally said:
Yes but as you said before, your on the other side of the pond.

Noone but contractor's buy Diesels here.
So I assumed you meant the USA when you said it. Are you saying you meant different or are you now narrowing your "area". Are you talking state, county, city, neighborhood, or your block now?

I know a number of people who drive diesel trucks around "here" (read in my state). I simply referenced my uncle because he is not a big macho truck guy and he owns one for a reason. A lot of people have reasons for owning them. For example; towing boats and campers, or even better gas mileage. At work we even have a row of parking spots with of 110V plug outlets for them to park in during the winter and plug in their engine block heaters. They are more common than you think.

When you speak in absolutes you sound like a valley girl. Intelligent people rarely speak in absolutes as they understand that absolutes rarely exist. You weaken your argument when you use them incorrectly.

Noone has even said a WORD about the monster CTX I pictured, yet they find it their business to derail this thread further.

So, if you reply to this post, please also mention your thoughts on the CTX and why it should not be allowed on the road without a special liscence.
So, when I discuss the CTX I have to mention "whi it should not be allowed on the road without a special liscence."?!? What if I disagree and think that any licensed driver should be able to drive it as long as they obey all traffic laws? Can I state that? You sure have limited my ability to discuss the CTX. Is this how you have discussions with your friends? You limit their discussion topics and only allow them to discuss things if they fit your narrow limited parameters?

Tell you what, I'll tell you what I think about the CTX and not stay within your limited parameters. Too bad if you don't like it.

I think that any licensed driver should be able to drive it as long as they obey all traffic laws.

baw
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2005, 08:16 PM

Seems alright. I didn't like the interior layout much, especially those gauges... but I like the form of the vehicle overall. Could be a little bit wider though.
Heh, that is the thing I like to most is the gauges. Kinda a retro feel to them.

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by baw
Heh, that is the thing I like to most is the gauges. Kinda a retro feel to them.
Only if you've never seen what older gauges ever looked like. Ford got it spot on with the new mustangs gauges, those are actually retro. The front, the style, everything.

OpenStep
Senior User
Aug 19, 2005, 09:32 PM

*snip*

Image too big (and annoying (and over used) (and not particularly funny))
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Aug 20, 2005 at 07:06 PM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 09:37 PM

I can do a papa wheelie in my SUV. It has nitrogen tailpipes and glass decks. It gets 45 mpg, and is reversible. It also transforms into a boat once it touches water. It's sort of like the batmobile, except it's much louder, and has a built in toilet.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 09:39 PM

speaking of batmobile:

Railroader
Banned
Aug 19, 2005, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
It's sort of like the batmobile, except it's much louder, and has a built in toilet.
"New" batmobile, Michael Keaton batmobile, or the original batmobile?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 09:55 PM

"New" batmobile, Michael Keaton batmobile, or the original batmobile?
The one that has a passenger seat, and room for a toilet.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 19, 2005, 10:17 PM

The one that has a passenger seat, and room for a toilet.
The all have passenger seats. Toilets, I have no idea, that's why I asked. Which one has room for a toilet?

Railroader
Banned
Aug 19, 2005, 10:19 PM

OMG... MY EYES!!! ... my eyes....

And you're going to be a design student?!? What are you going to design? Wal-Mart stores?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 10:49 PM

The all have passenger seats. Toilets, I have no idea, that's why I asked. Which one has room for a toilet?
One of the batmobiles was more like a bobsled. I think the black one had room for a toilet in the back.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 10:53 PM

One of the batmobiles was more like a bobsled. I think the black one had room for a toilet in the back.
If you weren't so intent on making us think that Batman is gay, you'd realise that he never goes to the toilet. Thus, no need for a toilet in the back of the Batmobile. The space where the toilet would have been has the optional closet, used for a couple of spare bat-suits.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
If you weren't so intent on making us think that Batman is gay, you'd realise that he never goes to the toilet. Thus, no need for a toilet in the back of the Batmobile. The space where the toilet would have been has the optional closet, used for a couple of spare bat-suits.
Okay, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this thread is about SUVs... not about the batmobile... so, I think you should stop going on about the batmobile before you derail the thread.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 19, 2005, 11:02 PM

I think the next batmobile should be an SUV. Oh wait. It is.

http://www.frontiermodels.co.uk/Batm..._BAN934048.htm

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 11:06 PM

Okay, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this thread is about SUVs... not about the batmobile... so, I think you should stop going on about the batmobile before you derail the thread.
Superhero Utility Vehicles, yes.

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 12:30 AM

OMG... MY EYES!!! ... my eyes....

And you're going to be a design student?!? What are you going to design? Wal-Mart stores?
I don't know HTML. I just added red text underneath all of their lies. Nice about ignoring all my totally valid points though. Also, I really don't give the **** about the design of an already horrible designed website modified to hold REAL information instead of just lies.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 01:07 AM

Whatevar designer boi! You sucxors at teh designin'.

suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 01:23 AM

I wasn't desiginin'. I was editing SUV lies on a freakin website using red text. I wasn't creating anything, merely modifying pre-existing ******** filled with ********.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2005, 12:38 PM

HA! Even Rob got it. You sure seem insecure.

When you speak in absolutes you sound like a valley girl. Intelligent people rarely speak in absolutes as they understand that absolutes rarely exist. You weaken your argument when you use them incorrectly.

So, when I discuss the CTX I have to mention "whi it should not be allowed on the road without a special liscence."?!? What if I disagree and think that any licensed driver should be able to drive it as long as they obey all traffic laws? Can I state that? You sure have limited my ability to discuss the CTX. Is this how you have discussions with your friends? You limit their discussion topics and only allow them to discuss things if they fit your narrow limited parameters?

Tell you what, I'll tell you what I think about the CTX and not stay within your limited parameters. Too bad if you don't like it.

I think that any licensed driver should be able to drive it as long as they obey all traffic laws.
Well then your just silly because its massive size, height, and weight make it so unsafe for a non-specially liscenced driver. You would be fine with a 16 1/2 year-old sitting behind the wheel?

You said some more things, mostly trying to pick apart that way I argue to target my validity, more derailment with no point whatsoever besides just trying to prove that your better arguing on the internet than I am.

Diesel trucks are not SUVs, can you get that through your skull? Most SUVs do not come with diesel engine option, and even if they did, noone would get them because they are meant to be caravans for the rich, and diesels are to loud and stinky for commuting. The CTX is not a truck, its a monstrousity that looks like a Kennworth made it with a Dualie Ford. Its "look at me" to the one-millionth degree, not to mention it looks like if it hit a passenger car a grim scene would ensue.

So just so I'm clear, you think its ok for anyone with a liscence to be able to jump into this thing and start driving at 65MPH on the highway? You also then realise that most vehicles that size would require the driver to get his/her CDL liscence which requires a flawless driving record, $1000 course, and a written test. All these things would be a good idea for US drivers in general since we die in auto accidents by the thousands a day.

But nope, every god-fearing teenager with his learner's permit should able to drive ANYTHING he wants, or else it Nazi Germany

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 02:16 PM

Well then your just silly because its massive size, height, and weight make it so unsafe for a non-specially liscenced driver. You would be fine with a 16 1/2 year-old sitting behind the wheel?

Diesel trucks are not SUVs, can you get that through your skull? Most SUVs do not come with diesel engine option, and even if they did, noone would get them because they are meant to be caravans for the rich, and diesels are to loud and stinky for commuting. The CTX is not a truck, its a monstrousity that looks like a Kennworth made it with a Dualie Ford. Its "look at me" to the one-millionth degree, not to mention it looks like if it hit a passenger car a grim scene would ensue.

So just so I'm clear, you think its ok for anyone with a liscence to be able to jump into this thing and start driving at 65MPH on the highway? You also then realise that most vehicles that size would require the driver to get his/her CDL liscence which requires a flawless driving record, $1000 course, and a written test. All these things would be a good idea for US drivers in general since we die in auto accidents by the thousands a day.

But nope, every god-fearing teenager with his learner's permit should able to drive ANYTHING he wants, or else it Nazi Germany
You sure do sound like a jealous person. Get over it that some people have it better than your self.

The pricing alone will keep anyone who shouldn't be driving a CTX from driving one. You think a 16 year old saves enough money from his allowance to pay for one? You think his parents are going to let him jump behind the wheel of theirs without teaching him a little safety for their hundred thousand dollar machine? You assume a lot. You think anyone lets their children drive their million dollar sports cars too?

And you said "Noone but contractor's buy Diesels here." And now you are commenting about diesel SUVs Will you PLEASE stop qualifying your comments after you say them it? It makes you look like you have problems getting your point across the first time.

Lastly, What's wrong with the "Its "look at me" to the one-millionth degree" factor? Isn't that what most people want? To get noticed? 90% of all celebrities are like that? We pay them millions of dollars to be like they are. If someone has the money, and want to show off, they should be allowed to within legal limits. It helps the economy move around. Sounds like it has helped your family out with those million dollar beach houses.

You said some more things, mostly trying to pick apart that way I argue to target my validity, more derailment with no point whatsoever besides just trying to prove that your better arguing on the internet than I am.
Hilarious. Just because your pot addled brain can't keep up you try that little "arguing on the internet" angle. Pot, meet kettle.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 02:16 PM

I wasn't desiginin'. I was editing SUV lies on a freakin website using red text. I wasn't creating anything, merely modifying pre-existing ******** filled with ********.
Whaevar. Talk to the left hand, cause you ain't right.

Forum Links
Forum Rules