Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > video input help

video input help
Macxpert
Feb 3, 2000, 11:54 AM

This topic may not fit this forum, but here goes....

I have a PM7600 with a 19" monitor that will only display at 1024x768. The computer has built in video i/o and one thing I would like to be able to do is use my Playstation on the large monitor.
Apple Video Player is limited to displaying video at 640x480...is there anything else that can display the video signal at a higher resolution, or at least a larger size?

Thanks in advance to anyone with advice.

lombardman
Feb 3, 2000, 12:15 PM

There is a converter box available for the playstation to allow it to use a computer monitor. Check the various PSX sites and I am sure you will find mention of it. I have seen it mentioned before. A good start is psx.ign.com although they do not have the info on their page, they have a number of links to sites that may.

gene
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 3, 2000, 12:17 PM

I think that there is a program called BTV. Look for it on www.versiontracker.com

Forrest
Feb 3, 2000, 01:37 PM

You should be able to use the controls on your monitor so 640 x 480 fills the entire screen.

Macxpert
Feb 3, 2000, 06:01 PM

As I mentioned before (and just to clarify now) my monitor will ONLY display 1024x768 - it is a fixed-frequency monitor...it dates to 1990, pre-dating the invention of multi-frequency monitors that exist in todays market. It is so old they don't even make the cables for it anymore, I had to use a non-standard monitor cable and then buy a special adapter from Griffin Technologies ("Mac Sync Adapter") in order for it to work.

I will check on this "BVT" program, any other software suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules