Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Joe says "NO"

Joe says "NO"
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2015, 12:38 PM

So VP Biden has decided NOT to be one of Hillary's targets. I think if he has taken this long to make up his mind, he's probably not the best person for the job.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 21, 2015, 02:29 PM

I actually think Biden wouldn't be a bad president, but he'd have to magically be made it. There's no way he could win his way there.

andi*pandi
Oct 21, 2015, 03:55 PM

His son died last spring, when other candidates were getting ready. I think he made the right decision, no time to prep, lost his moment.

I also think he's been more of an advisor to Obama than other VPs have been to the Pres. He's not just sent to funerals and second tier conferences. Whoever he endorses will luck out.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2015, 04:26 PM

When it comes to policy Biden and Clinton are pretty much on the same page. Clinton may be a bit more hawkish on foreign policy ... but not enough for Biden to use that against her given President Obama's winding down of the wares in Iraq and Afghanistan. So given no way to substantively differentiate himself from her the only way to win the nomination would be a run an aggressively negative campaign in order to destroy her politically. And Biden just doesn't strike me as being that ruthless.

OAW

OreoCookie
Oct 21, 2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
His son died last spring, when other candidates were getting ready. I think he made the right decision, no time to prep, lost his moment.
Moreover, he is quite old, and given the recent death of his son I don't think his heart is into it anymore. (I saw his interview by Colbert, and I thought that he was shooting straight when he was asked about throwing his hat into the ring.)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules