Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 15" 800mhz TiBook Airport, 1 gig ram, 60 gig HD, SuperDrive

FS: 15" 800mhz TiBook Airport, 1 gig ram, 60 gig HD, SuperDrive
Kajo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2006, 12:40 PM

Hey everyone,

Work gave me a 12" Powerbook w/LCD montior so I've decided to sell my 15" TiBook with the following specs:

G4 800mhz
1 gig memory
60 gig HD Toshiba (I think it is 5400 RPM)
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32 megs memory (DVI)
Pioneer DVD-RW (internal - it was an addition, don't think this machine shipped with a super drive)
Airport Card
10.3 disks, power adaptor, box, etc

I think those are the critical specs of the machine. If someone needs something further just ask.

Now, a little about the machine. I am the second owner and used it for work and to take notes at class. The paint shows a little wear in some spots (what Ti didn't?) and the top of the laptop has two hairline cracks right by the hinges. I'm not sure when the cracks first occured in the hinges but they have not grown at all. The screen is in no danger of falling off further so long as you refrain from sledding on it. The latch closes securely. The original owner painted the keyboard silver (said he used hobby paint) and it looks REALLY good except for the parts that have worn through to original black. I'm guessing it could be touched up again but I don't want to spend the time. The battery lasts anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours, I bought the latest about a year ago. The PCMCIA slot from what I gather is dead. It used to work but I am not sure what happened. The machine gets HOT when running at max CPU in a resource intensive operation. The display looks good, better than the 12" powerbook. The screen is still quite bright.

See pictures here.
I'd like to get 550 OBO + ship. Prefer to do paypal but would accept a money order. I have perfect ebay feedback and would appreciate payment before shipping. No trades please.

Contact me:

AIM Kajo0000
Email coffeerider gmail com

Kajo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2006, 12:29 PM

bump.

d0ct0rteeth
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2006, 02:03 AM

Im interrested.

You have pics?

- Doc
snakes on a plane

Cross
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2006, 10:48 AM

I'm interested if no one else has jumped.

Hows the screen?
Hows the Paint?
Ram is PC133 right?
HD RPM?
Let me know I am checking the pics now.

paypal is fine with me unless you want a psp with tons of stuff and some paypal instead lol.
"I see you have the ring and I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine." -- Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

I stayed up one night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died.

daiSho
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kajo
Hey everyone,

Work gave me a 12" Powerbook w/LCD montior so I've decided to sell my 15" TiBook with the following specs:

G4 800mhz
1 gig memory
60 gig HD Toshiba (I think it is 5400 RPM)
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32 megs memory (DVI)
Pioneer DVD-RW (internal - it was an addition, don't think this machine shipped with a super drive)
Airport Card
10.3 disks, power adaptor, box, etc

I think those are the critical specs of the machine. If someone needs something further just ask.

Now, a little about the machine. I am the second owner and used it for work and to take notes at class. The paint shows a little wear in some spots (what Ti didn't?) and the top of the laptop has two hairline cracks right by the hinges. I'm not sure when the cracks first occured in the hinges but they have not grown at all. The screen is in no danger of falling off further so long as you refrain from sledding on it. The latch closes securely. The original owner painted the keyboard silver (said he used hobby paint) and it looks REALLY good except for the parts that have worn through to original black. I'm guessing it could be touched up again but I don't want to spend the time. The battery lasts anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours, I bought the latest about a year ago. The PCMCIA slot from what I gather is dead. It used to work but I am not sure what happened. The machine gets HOT when running at max CPU in a resource intensive operation. The display looks good, better than the 12" powerbook. The screen is still quite bright.

See pictures here.
I'd like to get 550 OBO + ship. Prefer to do paypal but would accept a money order. I have perfect ebay feedback and would appreciate payment before shipping. No trades please.

Contact me:

AIM Kajo0000
Email coffeerider gmail com
ygm..

Kajo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 6, 2006, 11:51 AM

Cross, in terms of the screen, it has good brightness remaining, better than my 12" PB. The keyboard marks I tried to keep buffed off but you can see two areas when the screen is off/completely black where I think the keyboard somehow affected the screen. Nothing major but still present.

Check the pictures for the paint quality. I've seen better for sale on here but I've seen way worse.

Where can I check the HD RPM? I know this is not an original equipment hard drive. I thought I remember the guy saying it was 5400RPM but would like to verify.

PC133 memory, yeah.

About the only thing I would consider trading is for an LCD TV.. like a 32". I'd be willing to throw in a couple hundred bucks too.

Cross
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2006, 12:36 PM

I am very interested lets talk more in a PM I will tell u how to verify the drive. I have an extra Ti 1Ghz MB and I think this would be perfect for me.
"I see you have the ring and I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine." -- Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

I stayed up one night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died.

Cross
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2006, 12:37 PM

Pics do not load for me

d0ct0rteeth
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2006, 02:53 PM

I am still interrested, and I cant see the pics either.

- Doc
snakes on a plane

Cross
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2006, 02:55 PM

Doc's first
Cross Second
daiSho third

Your have 3 parties waiting in line lol.

Kajo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 6, 2006, 03:00 PM

I am going to try and get back to everyone's requests shortly.

Thanks for the interest.

Forum Links
Forum Rules