Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > This "SERMON SEASON" of South Park Sux Azz

This "SERMON SEASON" of South Park Sux Azz (Page 3)
Ω
Mac Elite
May 8, 2006, 04:04 AM

"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 8, 2006, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
If you think this image is funny, please share what you think is funny about it.

It doesn't offend me that you use it or that someone created the image.

I'm just looking for you to give me some reason to believe this isn't just one more example of what I said earlier in the thread, that by taking an image (in the case of South Park, animated images) and putting a smile on their face and that sends you guys into laff spasms.

You have Android Laff Controllers in your skulls.

Here. I'm going to make your day. This is going to be sooooo funny to you. Ok. Ready?

Here it is...

Now you can tell your 'buds' that you saw THE best comedy you've ever seen. Then show them this post and they'll all see it and THEIR ALC will get activated and they'll think it is SOOOOOOO funny and this post will become like some underground cult smash funny joke thing.

But to people with real sense of humor this is all ...

Meh.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

analogika
Posting Junkie
May 8, 2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by abe
If you think this image is funny, please share what you think is funny about it.

It doesn't offend me that you use it or that someone created the image.

I'm just looking for you to give me some reason to believe this isn't just one more example of what I said earlier in the thread, that by taking an image (in the case of South Park, animated images) and putting a smile on their face and that sends you guys into laff spasms.

[...]

But to people with real sense of humor this is all ...

Meh.
True: Your post is Meh.

And you're missing out on a great movie if you're not familiar with the "Buddy Jesus":

http://www.culturevulture.net/Movies/Dogma.html

analogika
Posting Junkie
May 8, 2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by abe
That screen appears to be misoriented. The housing for the retractable screen should be at the bottom, not the top...unless there's a new style I've never before seen or used.

The only ones oriented that way would be mounted above the chalk board. The weight of the housing that high, and mounted on a tripod stand, would make the screen unstable.
You ain't seen it, it don't exist.

You don't see the humor, it don't exist.

You're wrong on both counts.

I think I see a pattern here.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 8, 2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by analogika
You ain't seen it, it don't exist.

You don't see the humor, it don't exist.

You're wrong on both counts.

I think I see a pattern here.
Two unrelated instances of apparently similar attitudes does not anything make.

If/when I get the chance I will check out the Jesus cartoon. TY.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
May 8, 2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by abe
when I get the chance I will check out the Jesus cartoon. TY.
It's not a cartoon. Dogma is a "real person" movie, you should check it out though, it really is a great and funny movie

Ω
Mac Elite
May 9, 2006, 06:07 AM

Ω
Mac Elite
May 9, 2006, 06:09 AM

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 9, 2006, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock
It's not a cartoon. Dogma is a "real person" movie, you should check it out though, it really is a great and funny movie

Oh! Ok. Yeah, I sometimes notice it being on Comedy Central but I've never stopped to watch more than 2 or 3 minutes of it before moving on. I'll have to give it a chance.

FWIW,,,

Buddy Christ
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Buddy Jesus)

Buddy Christ is a religious icon created in the film Dogma as part of a campaign ("Catholicism Wow!") to revitalize the Catholic Church. Viewing the crucifix image as "wholy depressing", the Church, led by Cardinal Glick (George Carlin) decides to retire it, and creates a more uplifting image of Christ as a "booster." The Buddy Christ is a smiling, winking savior, with one hand in a thumbs up and the other in a gun/pointing position.

In 2004, an Independent Bishop named Jonny T (b. 1972 in Kent, England) founded the Church of Buddy Christ.

A full-size Buddy Christ can be found in director Kevin Smith's comic book shop in Red Bank, New Jersey.
Red Bank, NJ is right around the corner from where I was stationed at Ft. Monmouth for three months and liked it ok.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 9, 2006, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
Ignorance and stupidity are two separate conditions that are OFTEN, but not always, found in the same person.

Ω
Mac Elite
May 9, 2006, 06:50 AM

And you are proving it, how?

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 01:14 AM

2000+ posts in two months? What the hell is wrong with you?

And SP is still plenty funny.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
And you are proving it, how?
In a contest of wit you'll soon be proven to be 'wit out.'

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 10:10 AM

( Last edited by abe; May 10, 2006 at 12:42 PM. )

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 10:35 AM

You just scoured his post history and used a completely non-related (political) comment of his so somehow defend your post count and judge his sense of humor.

What the hell kind of thinking is that?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar
You just scoured his post history and used a completely non-related (political) comment of his so somehow defend your post count and judge his sense of humor.

What the hell kind of thinking is that?
Resourceful? I thought it was pertinent to the events of the day and couldn't devote a thread to it and thought it was germane to understanding his frame of reference when he said he thought SP was still "plenty funny."

When he posted asking what was wrong with me I guess he never thought that might be offensive. Huh?

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 10:54 AM

'…I mean, she spends most of her time sobbing and eating her own excrements'

Funny shiat! (pun intended)

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 11:00 AM

I never thought it would happen but I've lost interest in watching the new episodes. The image above indicates a marked detour from the style of humor South Park was known for.

It may have some laughs for those who can't tell the difference or don't care but for me it really has jumped the shark.

BTW: Does anyone see a resemblance between the look of the crap eating woman and a Doonesbury character?

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by abe
The image above indicates a marked detour from the style of humor South Park was known for.
BS. That's exactly the kind of humor SP has always been known and loved for. Crass and unexpected.

While it is true that most episodes these days have fewer laughs than before and rely too much on repetition,they still have some very funny moments…

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Kr0nos
BS. That's exactly the kind of humor SP has always been known and loved for. Crass and unexpected.

While it is true that most episodes these days have fewer laughs than before and rely too much on repetition,they still have some very funny moments…
That's like saying that all women are the same because they have exactly the same er...sense of humor.

On certain things you show a decided degree of sophistication. You hint at a higher level of discernment here. I think you are giving SP a sentimental vote.

I'd hate to think that you consider laughter to be the equivalent of generic beer. It's cold and wet and has an alcoholic content, so that's good enough?

And please don't tell me I'm a comedy snob. (I might take pride at the distinction.)

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by abe
And please don't tell me I'm a comedy snob. (I might take pride at the distinction.)
Is that so? And what exactly would you consider first rate humor (other than 'old' SP)? And why?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kr0nos
Is that so? And what exactly would you consider first rate humor (other than 'old' SP)? And why?
Sorry. I haven't catalogued any of my preferences to memory - or anywhere else for that matter. And, yes, I was going to say old South Parks. Because it WAS the epitome (I once knew a woman who pronounced that word, "epi-tohm") of that kind of humor.

Sublime.

Ok, well here's something that was on tv last nite. You may especially appreciate the second video clip.

http://www.bravotv.com/Strong_Black_Woman/

She is very quick witted. She says what she feels/thinks but also has tact. Smart cookie. Tough but also vulnerable.

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by abe
Resourceful? I thought it was pertinent to the events of the day and couldn't devote a thread to it and thought it was germane to understanding his frame of reference when he said he thought SP was still "plenty funny."
What did you post and then edit? I missed it because I don't spend all of my time here. Somebody else feel free to answer if abe decides to be shy.

When he posted asking what was wrong with me I guess he never thought that might be offensive. Huh?
I find your inane thread offensive. You gave me your three episode old/new Pepsi challenge and I answered. I find the new eps funny. I laughed a lot. Get over it. Oh, yeah and:

My theory is that these writers were hired so the producers could say the unpopular things they want to say and then when the targets of their skewering get sufficiently pissed off (or at the end of this season or when viewers rise up in outrage at the crappy writing, whichever comes first) and raise enough hell the writers can be canned and everybody will be happy.
Yes, they have a team of writers, but Trey Parker officially writes all the eps, i.e. the main ideas are his.

It's interesting to me that you can't accept the fact that I'm right and your sense of humor is still in the process of gaining discernment.
Oh hell, I missed this the first time. Just never mind, abe. I'd rather argue with Ca$h about cars.
( Last edited by Gene Jockey; May 10, 2006 at 05:48 PM. )

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gene Jockey
What did you post and then edit? I missed it because I don't spend all of my time here. Somebody else feel free to answer if abe decides to be shy.

I find your inane thread offensive. You gave me your three episode old/new Pepsi challenge and I answered. I find the new eps funny. I laughed a lot. Get over it. Oh, yeah and:

Yes, they have a team of writers, but Trey Parker officially writes all the eps, i.e. the main ideas are his.

Oh hell, I missed this the first time. Just never mind, abe. I'd rather argue with Ca$h about cars.
Or maybe go stick your head in your ARS technica.

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by abe
Or maybe go stick your head in your ARS technica.
I see you've kicked you superior sense of humor into high gear.

How is that even insulting? Anyway, thanks for addressing no questions.

I'm sorry I impugned you earlier regarding your post count. It amazes me, and I find it stupid, but what I said could have been construed as a personal attack. So, sorry. But the stuff about the thread being silly, and your elitist attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you, that stands.

You want to chat with me more, take it to PM. I'm done in this thread.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gene Jockey
I see you've kicked you superior sense of humor into high gear.

How is that even insulting? Anyway, thanks for addressing no questions.

I'm sorry I impugned you earlier regarding your post count. It amazes me, and I find it stupid, but what I said could have been construed as a personal attack. So, sorry. But the stuff about the thread being silly, and your elitist attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you, that stands.

You want to chat with me more, take it to PM. I'm done in this thread.
In the film, "Dead Man Walking," the affected parties all know he is a dead man and that any signs of life are just a formality or the remaining moments where something good can be salvaged before death catches up with him.

Here, as a parting gift, is a link to the actual video clip of Arthur (The Fonz) Fonzarelli on Happy Days ski jumping over a real life shark.

http://www.askmen.com/video/2005_mar...ump_shark.html

This is where the term, "Jumping The Shark" got started. If you watched the show you would realize that with THIS episode and THIS scene, the whole series changed from what it once was and became something else completely. Usually when a show jumps the shark it is just a matter of time before the show ends.

South Park has jumped the shark.

Many of you don't yet realize it. It's days are numbered.

Forum Links
Forum Rules