Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 4 freezes during restore/upgrade to iOS 7.0.2

iPhone 4 freezes during restore/upgrade to iOS 7.0.2
zgall1
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2013, 10:57 PM

I have an iPhone 4 that was running iOS 6.1.3. I requested that my provider unlock my phone and they told me I had to back up and restore to proceed, which necessitated that I upgrade to iOS 7.0.2. When I tried to download the iOS 7.0.2 IPSW directly through iTunes, I received a message upon the completion of the download that the file was corrupted. I decided to bypass this step by downloading the IPSW directly from Apple and alt-clicking the Restore button to choose the file directly. Each time, the upgrade hangs about 30% of the way through, leaving me essentially with a bricked phone. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might be able to successfully restore my phone?

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 21, 2013, 06:31 AM

If your iTunes still recognizes the phone, I'd start over. Connect the phone and download the update again; I'd do this as "download only" to make sure it is downloaded properly before going on. Once it is downloaded and verified, then upgrade the phone. I get the impression that even your "direct download" was somehow corrupted, which is why your phone is goofed up.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules