Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.0.1 update improves system responsiveness

10.0.1 update improves system responsiveness
Ernie
Apr 4, 2001, 10:26 AM

I just installed the OS 10.0.1 update (I work for an Apple premiere developer so we got it a little early).

You will be happy to know system responsiveness (Window / Column resizing, open / close menus, etc) is much more responsive. Still not as good as OS 9 but it is a huge improvement. I don't notice any huge improvement in application launch though. I wish I had more 'in depth' stuff to tell you but I've only just started using it. Sorry I honestly don't know when the update will be released either but I'm sure it will be soon.

(I'm running a biege G3 333 with 320 MB of RAM)

Thanks

Curious
Apr 4, 2001, 11:18 AM

Question... Did you have the Developer Tools installed on the G3 you put the update on?

Question... Have you installed the update on a G4? If so, was the responsiveness just as noticed on a G4? (Reason for my question, I have heard others say the increase in responsiveness is only on G3 machines... I hope G4s are affected as well!)

Thanks!

Ernie  (op)
Apr 4, 2001, 11:21 AM

The answer to both your questions is no.

I don't have the dev tools installed on this machine and I have'nt installed it on a G4.

Sorry!

Forum Links
Forum Rules