Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Most excellent story for those who hate meter maids

Most excellent story for those who hate meter maids
suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 12:46 AM

Okay.... so a friend was coming over to watch the family guy movie... a little 'pre screening' before it's released and I can buy it. Anyawy, I needed mixers. There's a little convenience store nearby, so I hope in the SVX and drive over (only to notice a blond bimbo parking her 1990s GMC SUV park there, and get out alone. No hitch. Not dirty. Chrome taillight protector things. Chrome brush guard. Side steps.), and run over to this store. I turn down the nearest side street, and notice that ALL the parking meters along the whole street were covered with vinyl bags that say 'no parking'. WTF. It's like 6pm on a friday. The street is empty, except for another car parked on the opposite side. I slip my car into the spot nearest the store (it's on a corner), and flip on the hazards. I run inside, grab a 2 liter coke, and a few 12oz gingerales (no 2 liters of 7up, sprite, or gingerale wtf!?!), and some pretzels. I pay, and hte guy takes about 2 minutes to ring me up because I think he's slightly mentally retarded. I then run outside, only to see a freakin meter maid pulling up behind the car across the street in his SUV. He looks at me. I look at him. Our eyes meet. I throw my **** in the SVX, start it up, and as he gets out I flip him off and floor it.

Bhahahah.

Too slow asshole! Next time if you're lucky you ****ing bastards!

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 12:57 AM

You should go to a city council meeting sometime.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
You should go to a city council meeting sometime.
I will be at one within a month about the stupid alternate side parking they have around here. They don't plow. They don't sweep. They have alternate side parking purely as a way to generate revenue when people need to LIVE where I do and there is a lack of parking. It's ****ing stupid.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 01:23 AM

Hate is a strong word isn't it?

Better hope he didn't get your license number.

You really need to pick your battles Rob.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 01:24 AM

Nope. Definitely hate. If there was a serial killer going around offing meter maids I don't think I'd cry much.

air
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 20, 2005, 02:08 AM

what is a meter maid.
what happened. i dont get it.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Aug 20, 2005, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by suvsr4terrorists
Nope. Definitely hate. If there was a serial killer going around offing meter maids I don't think I'd cry much.
Do you cry when someone you don't know dies, cause someone dies something like every second or something, I sure as hell don't cry.
Originally Posted by air
what is a meter maid.
Do you work at a convenience store?

air
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 20, 2005, 03:52 AM

no. i have never worked and do not work at a convenience store.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2005, 05:22 AM

If only I had a car these days.... or at least a bike with gears. Gears and a better basket.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2005, 10:32 AM

"Lovely Rita, meter maid"

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Aug 20, 2005, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by air
what is a meter maid.
You live in New York and don't know what a meter maid is?

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

analogika
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2005, 11:18 AM

I throw my **** in the SVX, start it up, and as he gets out I flip him off and floor it.
Wait, you mean flipping an officer the bird ISN'T a finable offense in the States!?

If it is, though, then you can be sure the officer has your license plate number...

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by analogika
Wait, you mean flipping an officer the bird ISN'T a finable offense in the States!?

If it is, though, then you can be sure the officer has your license plate number...
Meter maids aren't police officers. They're meter maids.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 12:47 PM

Rob doesn't like women with power.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Rob doesn't like women with power.
the meter maid was a man.

-r.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 01:22 PM

Ah my bad. Rob's posts usually rant about some power some woman has over him, and how she shouldn't have that power.

Meter Maids, Soccor Moms, Female Police officers...

lavar78
Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2005, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by rjenkinson
the meter maid was a man.
Then it was a meter man.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Ah my bad. Rob's posts usually rant about some power some woman has over him, and how she shouldn't have that power.

Meter Maids, Soccor Moms, Female Police officers...
I don't care if women have more authority than me, it's when they get that whole bitch 'man-hate' attitude that irks me.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 03:00 PM

I think they like to be called "Meter Attendants" now. Thank you.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 03:04 PM

Actually I'm pretty sure they answer to the term 'assholes'.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 03:05 PM

I wouldn't know. They are just doing their jobs.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 03:09 PM

They are just doing their jobs.
So are terrorists.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 03:15 PM

You have a warped sense of reality. Do you know what the parking situation would be like without parking enforcement? Think before you post.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 03:22 PM

You have a warped sense of reality. Do you know what the parking situation would be like without parking enforcement? Think before you post.
Oh, I agree... I don't necessarily have a problem with the job, but the way they enforce it. For example, the street I live on is alternate side parking for zero aparent reason. There's WAY to many people living around here for this to make sense, but the city hasn't changed it yet. So people park illegally all the time, and I don't mean just on both sides of the street. People park in front of fire hydrants, in handicapped spots, in front of access doors, etc etc etc etc. Who gets the tickets?

The people on the wrong side of the street. Who doesn't? The people parking in handicapped spots, etc etc etc.

Or my example: The entire street had meters, but all of them were disabled iwth a bag that said no parking. WHY!?! No reason whatsoever. They do stupid **** all the time, apparently just ot make more money, and they seemingly never ticket the assholes.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 03:31 PM

Maybe they wanted to run a street sweeper through soon. Try to beautify the area.

You assume too much. You think the Meter Attendant should just willy-nilly do his job however he thinks it should be done? He should have discretion to ticket only those he thinks truly deserve a ticket?

Go to a city council meeting and see if you can get the no-parking on only one side of the street changed to both sides. Maybe they'll give you a good reason for the current legislation. Maybe they'll change it for you.

Just quit whining one here like a 2 year old that can't change it's own diaper and is sitting in it's own feces. Because that's what you sound like.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 05:03 PM

Maybe they wanted to run a street sweeper through soon. Try to beautify the area.

You assume too much. You think the Meter Attendant should just willy-nilly do his job however he thinks it should be done? He should have discretion to ticket only those he thinks truly deserve a ticket?

Go to a city council meeting and see if you can get the no-parking on only one side of the street changed to both sides. Maybe they'll give you a good reason for the current legislation. Maybe they'll change it for you.

Just quit whining one here like a 2 year old that can't change it's own diaper and is sitting in it's own feces. Because that's what you sound like.
You don't know what you're talking about. I do. I don't feel like typing it all out. It involves a business owner on this street, lack of maintenence, and the wanting of the city to generate revenue.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 05:40 PM

Quite wining like a 2 year old child. Go to a city council meeting and get it changed. You understand how local government works right?

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 06:48 PM

Quite wining like a 2 year old child.
Quit spelling like a 2 yr old, drunk. I do change things. I was on a building committee in madison, and I've been in contact with my alderman already here. You don't know what you are talking about, so please kindly **** off.

OpenStep
Senior User
Aug 20, 2005, 08:13 PM

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 20, 2005, 08:18 PM

Heh. That one was somewhat funny.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 20, 2005, 11:57 PM

[hint] He's making fun of you. [/hint]

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2005, 12:03 AM

You understand how local government works right?
I didn't realize it did.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Railroader
Banned
Aug 21, 2005, 12:34 AM

Mine does. But it involves citizen participation.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:39 AM

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 21, 2005, 01:05 AM

Okay.... so a friend was coming over to watch the family guy movie... a little 'pre screening' before it's released and I can buy it.
You are a geek.

Anyawy, I needed mixers. There's a little convenience store nearby, so I hope in the SVX and drive over (only to notice a blond bimbo parking her 1990s GMC SUV park there, and get out alone. No hitch. Not dirty. Chrome taillight protector things. Chrome brush guard. Side steps.), and run over to this store.
"mixers" lol

You "hop in the SVX". Who talks like that? Not: "I hop in the car"....

So, you critique a woman as a "Bimbo" driving an "SUV"... Who cares? You nutball.

I turn down the nearest side street, and notice that ALL the parking meters along the whole street were covered with vinyl bags that say 'no parking'. WTF. It's like 6pm on a friday. The street is empty, except for another car parked on the opposite side. I slip my car into the spot nearest the store (it's on a corner), and flip on the hazards. I run inside, grab a 2 liter coke,
and a few 12oz gingerales (no 2 liters of 7up, sprite, or gingerale wtf!?!), and some pretzels.
So, you are pissed because someone else in an SUV takes the last parking spot. You are a prick, snob. You bitch about a convenience store not having exactly what you want... at 6pm on a Friday...

I pay, and hte guy takes about 2 minutes to ring me up because I think he's slightly mentally retarded. I then run outside, only to see a freakin meter maid pulling up behind the car across the street in his SUV. He looks at me. I look at him. Our eyes meet. I throw my **** in the SVX, start it up, and as he gets out I flip him off and floor it.
Now you are dissing some guy because he is slow. Did he remind you of yourself?
Why did you flip the guy off? He was in an SUV? Dude. seek. HELP.

Bhahahah.
Yep. You are a tard.

Too slow asshole! Next time if you're lucky you ****ing bastards!
Yeah, because we all know the SUV police are out to get you. You parked illegally you nitwit. It's their job to ticket SVX driving idiots like you. I hope he got your license plate and runs them over and over and over again. Know what that does? I hope you find out.... you'll get pulled over often....

Good luck with that.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 21, 2005, 01:09 AM

What kind of real law enforcement does wear a gun? Or is she hiding it somewhere so I can't see it?

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 21, 2005, 01:14 AM

Yeah, this is going places....
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules