Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MeterMaid thread Part 2

MeterMaid thread Part 2
suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 01:58 AM

continuing this:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=267152

Because there was no reason whatsoever for the thread to be closed (Kilbey and budster act retarded all the time, and all the threads stay open)

But yeah, the meter maid was driving an SUV. Why they need a 4wd Jeep to ticket cars is beyond me.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 21, 2005, 02:15 AM

Why they need a 4wd Jeep to ticket cars is beyond me
Snow maybe? They got a good deal on them possibly?

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2005, 02:19 AM

Actually, I thought Budsters summary of your comments was pretty much spot on.

Honestly, get a grip. It is a city parking issue. No one here is going to change it for you. No one cares that you feel like more of a man for "showing up" the meter maid.

Personally, the only thing I got out of your post is that you have anger issues. In your initial post, you had three people in the cast besides yourself. The female driver of the other car, who you called a bimbo. The store clerk, who you called mentally retarded. Finally, the meter maid, who you called an asshole and a bastard.

If you don't like the parking situation, deal with the city. Counselling might help the anger problem.

Hope it all works out for ya!

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 21, 2005, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by suvsr4terrorists
continuing this:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=267152

Because there was no reason whatsoever for the thread to be closed (Kilbey and budster act retarded all the time, and all the threads stay open)

But yeah, the meter maid was driving an SUV. Why they need a 4wd Jeep to ticket cars is beyond me.
No reason at all. Did anyone else think there may have been a reason? I'm willing to bet they did
Nemo me impune lacesset

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2005, 04:50 AM

Terminator:
chill out, dick-wad.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2005, 04:51 AM

Is there any reason to continue this?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2005, 05:15 AM

What's a MeterMaid?

Or... should the question be who? And is the answer the robot maid from the Jetsons?

P.S. How come the batmobile thread is locked?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2005, 05:24 AM

I am... MeterMaid..... I need oil...... oil me..... oil me..... malfunction...... system error...... abort.... oil me.... lube me up...... I am Meter...maawwaawaygghhhh

Cubeoid
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 05:32 AM

kekekekkekekkekekkekekekkekeke

Cubeoid
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 05:35 AM

Furthermore, the idea of a "Sporcket" manufacturing concern in the future is laughable at best.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2005, 06:05 AM

Unless its sent back in time to kill John Conner.

baw
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2005, 07:26 AM

It's Mega Maid. She gone from suck to
blow.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2005, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
No reason at all. Did anyone else think there may have been a reason? I'm willing to bet they did

right. and you're going to leave this one open?

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 21, 2005, 09:56 AM

I'd chime in more here, but I think there is nothing more to say about this, other than there were in fact only 4 people in this theater that is Rob's life on that Friday evening. It's almost a freaky "Twilight Zone Episode that hit the cutting room floor within moments of shooting"...

Imagine this, a time and place known only to 3 people.
A convenience store.
A generic Friday night.
One parking space left.
2 SUVs and one SVX.
1 Blonde Bimbo.
1 Retarded Clerk.
and one Male Metermaide, who just lost his wife in an accident with an SVX driving idiot....
1 Man driving an SVX who was just going out to buy some cheap soda after his anger seminar.
----

You've just read about this man's pathetic SUV hating existence on, <pause> "The Twitlight Pwned"

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2005, 10:00 AM

I accidentally brushed against a Ca$h-like person walking into Office-Max yesterday, because I was looking the other way. Seriously, a rubbing of elbows got me a "Hey, hey, HEY! WATCH IT!!"

There are a lot of people in this world that need to chill the f*ck out.
( Last edited by chris v; Aug 21, 2005 at 10:23 AM. )

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

baw
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2005, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by chris v
I accidentally brushed against a Ca$h-like person walking into Office-Max yesterday, because I was looking the other way. Seriousy, a rubbing of elbows got me a "Hey, hey, HEY! WATCH IT!!"

budster101
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 10:21 AM

m a d r a
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2005, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
the reason was it was a thread started by rob - isn't that always your reason?

budster101
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 10:31 AM

He had to be making that story up. It cannot be true. It just can't. Nobody is that moronic and hate-filled right? I mean only a mindless teenager would behave like that right?

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 10:57 AM

I accidentally brushed against a Ca$h-like person walking into Office-Max yesterday, because I was looking the other way. Seriously, a rubbing of elbows got me a "Hey, hey, HEY! WATCH IT!!"

I would think that falls under he "insecurity" category.

I too have gotten that "tough guy" glare in a crowded environment when accidentally rubbing up against someone.

I usually stop, act OVERLY concerned, and ask the said person if he would like for me to call emergency assistance for him.

That usually get the person to shut up and move a long.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2005, 11:28 AM

Just stand up to them. Insecure guys who act tough (like flipping people off before driving off in their car) will always back down if confronted in person. Is there anything more childish and cowardly? Ooooh, stare down, throw things in the car, flip the guy off, drive away.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa
Just stand up to them. Insecure guys who act tough (like flipping people off before driving off in their car) will always back down if confronted in person. Is there anything more childish and cowardly? Ooooh, stare down, throw things in the car, flip the guy off, drive away.
Stand up to them? You mean act like they are acting? No thanks. I'd rather just make fun of them. My post above is a good example.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by James L
Actually, I thought Budsters summary of your comments was pretty much spot on.

Honestly, get a grip. It is a city parking issue. No one here is going to change it for you.
Actually, we now have angled parking on this street. I've been complaining since I moved here. Things are changing.... slowly.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:44 PM

I'm surprisingly chill. I just don't post about the stuff I'm chilled about so some of you think I'm a spaz. I've never been into acting like the 'pick a fight with someone' guy. I've just been more of the 'say what people are really thinking' type of guy, but really only certain issues set me off. Metermaids. SUVs. Smoking. **** that's pointless and doesn't make any sense.

A few days ago, as I was pulling up to a redlight, some jerk threw his cig out the window. I stare at him. He noticed, and gives me the 'nod'. Instead of nodding back, I just ask "So does that car have an ashtray?"

>look of stupor, like a deer in headlights< "uhh..uhm.. actually it did but I lost mine."

"Yeah. Those built in ashtrays sure are easy to lose".

Then the light turned green and I drove away leaving the moron to contemplate the fact that people think he's a moron.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2005, 12:45 PM

I drove my SUV to the Office Max.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:48 PM

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:49 PM

So you think flipping off a meter maid is insecure eh? So what would a 'secure' person like yourself do? Confront the meter maid? Tell them how much you hate them? Yeah, good idea.

The point was they almost got me, but I was too quick. And instead of just driving away, I flipped them off because I ****ing hate meter maids. Their whole job consists of being a pain in the ass and ruining everyone's days.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:50 PM

I can see Rob now, running to his car.

RUN FOREST RUNNNNNN!

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:53 PM

Hell yeah! I don't want a $15 ticket! I suppose you'd just walk and let the meter maid ticket your neon eh?

budster101
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 12:59 PM

I'm surprisingly chill. I just don't post about the stuff I'm chilled about so some of you think I'm a spaz. I've never been into acting like the 'pick a fight with someone' guy. I've just been more of the 'say what people are really thinking' type of guy, but really only certain issues set me off. Metermaids. SUVs. Smoking. **** that's pointless and doesn't make any sense.

A few days ago, as I was pulling up to a redlight, some jerk threw his cig out the window. I stare at him. He noticed, and gives me the 'nod'. Instead of nodding back, I just ask "So does that car have an ashtray?"

>look of stupor, like a deer in headlights< "uhh..uhm.. actually it did but I lost mine."

"Yeah. Those built in ashtrays sure are easy to lose".

Then the light turned green and I drove away leaving the moron to contemplate the fact that people think he's a moron.
Rob,

Do you want some guy that has anger issues like yourself to shoot you in the face after you pull crap like that?

The guy nods to you, and you do what? You decide this guy is inferior to yourself along with 99 percent of the entire world and you pounce on him with the verbal abuse. You've just made someone feel like they are worse off in the world and someone (you) don't like them. You must be so proud. Even when I lose it wrongly I apologize and try to make the person feel better. You don't seem to have problem of remorse... how do you do that? Did you have it surgically removed? I only can hope you do this to the wrong person and they make you feel like the worm that you present yourself to be, if just for a moment...

You cannot be this much of a jerk. Tell me you do nice things ok? Maybe next time a Smoker, driving an SUV, who moonlights as a metermaid tosses a cig butt out the window and you have an op to talk to them, don't. Mind your own fscuking business for once.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 01:16 PM

Hell yeah! I don't want a $15 ticket! I suppose you'd just walk and let the meter maid ticket your neon eh?
No, because I would make sure there was no way they COULD ticket me in the first place.

You know, park where I am supposed to, and pay for it when it is required.

I've never gotten a parking ticket. Never had to deal with a meter maid.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
Rob,

Do you want some guy that has anger issues like yourself to shoot you in the face after you pull crap like that?
If it's because I'm standing up to a litterbug, sure. I'll be a martyr like jesus.

The guy nods to you, and you do what? You decide this guy is inferior to yourself along with 99 percent of the entire world and you pounce on him with the verbal abuse.
How was I verbally abusing him? I asked him a question. Then he told me a ******** answer. And I humored his ******** answer. I wasn't calling him names, making fun of him, or screaming.

You've just made someone feel like they are worse off in the world and someone (you) don't like them. You must be so proud.
Good. He was being a lazy SOB and throwing his cigarette out the window, LITTERING, somethign that is not only against the law, but against the law for a reason. It takes years for a cigarette butt to decompose, and instead of putting it IN the freaking BUILT IN ashtray IN his car, he throws it out the window. It's pathetic. I'm glad he feels bad, because honestly I feel bad everytime I walk somewhere pristine and see cigarette butts laying all over the place. It's ****ing disgusting.

Even when I lose it wrongly I apologize and try to make the person feel better. You don't seem to have problem of remorse... how do you do that? Did you have it surgically removed? I only can hope you do this to the wrong person and they make you feel like the worm that you present yourself to be, if just for a moment...
How is commenting on littering a bad thing? I suppose if you saw me doing something like dumping oil into a stream you wouldn't say anything and just keep on walking, right? That'd be awesome! Yep! Just put on the blinders! Let people act how they want to, regardless of how destructive, pointless, and stupid they act. No need to keep up standards...

Tell me you do nice things ok? Maybe next time a Smoker, driving an SUV, who moonlights as a metermaid tosses a cig butt out the window and you have an op to talk to them, don't. Mind your own fscuking business for once.
Maybe next time someone who hates SUVs, lazy smokers who throw their **** on the ground, and metermaids posts something on an internet forum and you have an option to reply, don't. Mind your own fscuking business for once.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2005, 01:42 PM

Meter maids are only doing their job. You park illegally, it's their duty to give you a ticket. If you don't want a ticket - park where you are suppossed to and pay if you are suppossed to. For someone on his high horse about "illegal" acts (cigarette butts out the window) you seem to have no problem breaking the law when it comes to parking. What a hypocrite. Then again, you have essentially said before you only obey laws you agree with.

Seriously, why the aggression towards someone who is only doing their job? Do they ticket you if you park LEGALLY? No. If you have a problem with the parking where you live, either move or go through the proper channels to fix it. Hating meter maids solves nothing and only further demonstrates you are a jerk.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2005, 01:42 PM

What I really need to know though is:

Was her name Rita?
Was she lovely?
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

budster101
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 01:46 PM

I drove my wife to the Airport today. I had to double park at O'hare. Not a good idea. I just jump out of the car right by a "cop" and say "good morning!" cheerfully and she replied to me in kind....as I run around the back and get my wife's luggage out and run it too the porter and get her situated. Did she yell at me like the guy in front of me? Nope. I was the last back to my car after kissing my wife farwell for now, and she smiled at me in return. Did she yell? Nope.... Ca$h would have been cuffed and tossed in a patty wagon... and his precious SVX towed....

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 01:46 PM

Meter maids are only doing their job. You park illegally, it's their duty to give you a ticket. If you don't want a ticket - park where you are suppossed to and pay if you are suppossed to. For someone on his high horse about "illegal" acts (cigarette butts out the window)
Stop right there. Legallity means nothing to me. My brain decides what's right and wrong on it's own, regardless of laws. I only pointed out that littering is illegal for the dimwits in this place that can't think for themselves.

you seem to have no problem breaking the law when it comes to parking. What a hypocrite. Then again, you have essentially said before you only obey laws you agree with.
Exactly. Like any free thinking individual, and not some mindless sheep who blindly accepts everything the government tells them.

Seriously, why the aggression towards someone who is only doing their job? Do they ticket you if you park LEGALLY? No. If you have a problem with the parking where you live, either move or go through the proper channels to fix it. Hating meter maids solves nothing and only further demonstrates you are a jerk.
Why show agression towards terrorists? They're only doing their job. Why show aggression towards IRS employees? They're only doing their jobs. Lawyers too. As for why not parking someplace legally, there wasn't a place to park legally. Sure, like over 1.5 blocks away, but I'm not going that far away if they've put bags over all the meters for ZERO APPARENT REASON.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2005, 01:52 PM

Stop right there. Legallity means nothing to me. My brain decides what's right and wrong on it's own, regardless of laws.
Like I said, if you have a problem with a law, why don't you get off your lazy ass and do something constructive to change it. Or, is it just easier for you to whine about it and say "legality means nothing to me"?

Also, saying terrorists are "only doing their jobs" in comparison to meter maids is THE STUPIDIST thing I have ever heard. You truly are a complete moron.

budster101
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 01:52 PM

Stop right there. Legallity means nothing to me. My brain decides what's right and wrong on it's own, regardless of laws. I only pointed out that littering is illegal for the dimwits in this place that can't think for themselves.
Rule of 1: I onlyh reply to first sentences and it works well for your posts: TELLING.

<snipped>

Why show agression towards terrorists? <snipped>
Uhm. See Rule of 1. above...

This is easy. I should copywrite and patent this technique of dealing with people like Ca$h.

BigBadWolf
Forum Regular
Aug 21, 2005, 02:36 PM

I certainly hope that when I toss my cigarette butt out of my SUV's window, which I almost always do, I am next to you. I look forward to that day son.

You need to calm down. As someone stated before, when you do end up mouthing off to the wrong person you will be hurt, tough guy.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2005, 02:46 PM

Ahhh.. so meter maids are people who hand out parking tickets? Parking operations?

Okay, I've never heard this term before. So much for my robot theory..

Actually, screw that, I like my robot theory better. Meter maids are robots. Period.

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BigBadWolf
I certainly hope that when I toss my cigarette butt out of my SUV's window, which I almost always do, I am next to you. I look forward to that day son.

You need to calm down. As someone stated before, when you do end up mouthing off to the wrong person you will be hurt, tough guy.
Figures. Someone who doesn't care about the environment and drives an SUV=the same dumbass who litters and tosses **** on the side of the road.

I honestly hope one of your kids crawls around and chokes on a cigarette butt and dies. That'd be fitting. And good for the world, since people as stupid as yourself probably shouldn't be reproducing.

You are such a 'mayon'. Nascar 4 ever, Billybob!

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2005, 02:53 PM

this just got good

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2005, 02:55 PM

Figures. Someone who doesn't care about the environment=the same dumbass who littes.

I honestly hope one of your kids crawls around and chokes on a cigarette butt and dies.
I think the issue here is that you seem to look at everything in absolutes. Somebody who throws their cigarette out the window = despicable, you hope their children die.

It's good to be passionate about things, I guess, but it is also good to be tolerant of other ideology, personal quirks, and shortcomings. I have my own peeves, people are ALWAYS doing stupid things and saying stupid things. I can't stand it when people misuse your/you're, their/there/they're, etc. When adults do this, I question their intelligence. Still, if I were discourteous to them and others who do stupid things, I'm afraid I'd become a dark and surly pessimistic dude that nobody wants to be around.

I'm not saying "you should change", or "you are this way", but it seems like this is what people read into your posts.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2005, 02:58 PM

I, for one, cannot wait for MeterMaid thread Part 3: Attack of Bruce...

budster101
Baninated
Aug 21, 2005, 03:02 PM

rickey: Just the right amount of humor every time. <mini-applause>

---

This thread is doomed. Wish there were a way to just delete his posts....

m a d r a
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2005, 03:06 PM

......I honestly hope one of your kids crawls around and chokes on a cigarette butt and dies......
in before:

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 21, 2005, 03:11 PM

But only just.

Robert, seek therapy
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules