Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.2 Jaguar Install / Startup problems

10.2 Jaguar Install / Startup problems
Praetor11
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2002, 11:31 AM

I just installed 10.2 update on my computer and got an error about my hardware not being supported after the installation as it was trying to boot up (a nice kernel panic message, too). I cleared the PRAM and NVRAM and reinstalled and it actually worked-- sort of. Now, when I boot up, I don't get an error message, but the gray apple changes to that dumb gray circle with a line through it (you know, like the one in the ghostbusters logo ) Anyways, I'm DYING to get Jaguar up and running... BTW, I've got an Ice iBook 500mhz with 640 mb RAM and airport installed...THANKS!

cube_450
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2002, 08:37 AM

Hi

Same problem with the "Ghostbuster Apple" here when I try to install it on my iPod.

Greetings
Christian

jetwerx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2002, 12:41 PM

I had the same problem on my Quicksilver 867 with 1.1 GB RAM. Turns out, after 3 reinstalls, and a drive reformat that it was a 512 MB DIMM that was evidently out of spec. Try removing the additional RAM you had installed and see if that fixes the problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules