Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: 800MHz PowerMac G4 for a 667MHz PowerBook G4

FT: 800MHz PowerMac G4 for a 667MHz PowerBook G4
BlingBling 3k12
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2003, 02:39 AM

Okay, I want a PowerBook instead of my PowerMac G4. I've got a few upcoming projects that I'll need a portable for where I'll need to travel across state to do. I'm willing to take a slight speed drop for portability. Looking for a combo drive, but will take a regular DVD drive. RAM isn't an issue, it's cheap enough to get more of.

I'd prefer it if the laptop isn't totally messed up, I mean, minor wear and tear on the bottom is ok, but anything else, I'd like to see a pic of it first before I agree to anything. Peeling and flaking, maybe acceptable if very minor. If possible, I'd like pics of it anyways.

Here's what I'm trading.

800MHz PowerMac G4
1GB RAM
40GB Hard Drive
24x CD-RW Drive
10.2 & OS 9 if you want
Keyboard only, no mouse, kinda broke it one day

I'm including 10.2 but am keeping the discs, unless you want it restored to stock condition and you can use your copy of 10.2 to install. The OS that comes with the machine is 10.1.3.

All original documentation and CD's will be included except for my Jag cd's (see above). It will also be shipped in it's original box and materials. I feel this would be an almost equal trade as the systems are quite close to eachother in price points on auction sites.

Thanks for looking!

Here's some pics I took with my camera. If you want any more, just ask. http://homepage.mac.com/xbling3k12/PhotoAlbum3.html

BlingBling 3k12  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2003, 10:51 PM

* Bump *

Maybe some people haven't seen this thread. Just trying to get it visible. Anyone out there want to trade? Thanks again.

Jazzphone
Forum Regular
Apr 9, 2003, 08:13 PM

Its not a fair trade, no offense, but it doesnt include a monitor or anything special, ram is cheap, dont fool yourself (Not trying to be mean just putting things into perspective) ask for a 500 or a 550, but a 667 seems a little over board, But you never know, Some people may want to trade anyways, Good luck to ya. Or maybe you can offer cash with the trade. Just some suggestions.

BlingBling 3k12  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2003, 11:42 AM

I do have a Sony HMD-A200 monitor I am willing to include, even though I absolutely LOVE this monitor Retails for $299.

http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...md-a200l.shtml

And here are some pictures I took...

http://homepage.mac.com/xbling3k12/PhotoAlbum4.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules