Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Your experiences in the apple store come during keynote

Your experiences in the apple store come during keynote
RealMac
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 23, 2003, 11:53 PM

The keynore was playing at certain apple stores. Mine wasn't one of them. I was just wondering what the reaction of the people was to the information Jobs was presented.

Did you find the people you encountered to be friendly. Do you have any complaints or positive feedback?
It is in the moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
www.therealmac.net
MBA Graduate, Creative Thinker, Nice Guy

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2003, 12:34 AM

the SoHo store didnt broadcast this?? you have to be kidding!

anyway, we went to the grove in LA, and it kicked ass. tons of people, lots of excitement.
( Last edited by 7Macfreak; Jun 24, 2003 at 01:48 AM. )

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2003, 12:55 AM

I went to University of Wisconsin - Madison for the Keynote address today. Getting there 1 hour before showtime, I was the 5th viewer there. Everone either had an iPod and reading the paper or there portable reading up on the mac rumors.

I myself, logged on to a server with a bunch of friends and started talking and promised to them that i would update them during the keynote.

Everyone seemed to keep to themself the whole time. Not many seemed too "social"...but everone seemed to enjoy the keynote.

Anyone who would letterspace blackletter would steal sheep. - Frederic Goudy

simonjames
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2003, 01:01 AM

Don't get me wrong - I have been a Mac luver since the first Plus and have been hanging out to see the G5 for way too long but to go to an Apple Store to see the keynote is just a little too "treker" for me

Especially as it would have been around 4am Sydney time
this sig intentionally left blank

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 24, 2003, 01:10 AM

I watched it in the basement of our Library. My boss set up the satellite dish but didn't want to send it out over the campus cable system because it "recently hasn't been reliable". So I just sat down there with my roommate and my other boss. It was a great keynote.

kido
Forum Regular
Jun 24, 2003, 01:22 AM

at the chicago woodfield apple store the response was very favorable. lot's of cheers and clapping at the various annoucements. most of the "jokes" went over very well and the longhorn reference was probably the most liked. people loved the specs of the new machines, but seemed somewhat reserved about the new enclosure. i would also say people were hoping for an update on the powerbook line. in all, it was well worth the effort of going and waiting for the event as the enthusiasm is very inviting and a good example of mac community.

Forum Links
Forum Rules