Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Locating QUark 6.1 serials

Locating QUark 6.1 serials
mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2007, 11:46 AM

I'm trying to fix a mess in the prepress dept of a client. Basically they have 3 copies of Quark, need to do some formatting, and are trying to transfer their licenses to different machines so they can continue to work during the format. I have the hard copies, but I don't know which license went with which computer.

I've run across a keyboard combination that you have to press during startup to find the serial in Quark 7 in the past, but now I can't find that website, or any help on google for finding it in 6.1

Anyone know how I can do this? Basically I just want to know what a serial number is for a Quark install via the software. Some software keeps it in the about section, quark doesn't. Others use a keyboard combination (for example Quark 7)... is there something like this for 6.1?
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

ChrisF
Senior User
Aug 23, 2007, 01:05 PM

Hold down the option key, choose "about QuarkXpress" from the Quark menu. It's been the same all along, AFAIK.

headbirth
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2007, 04:37 PM

Does anyone know if you can install both Quark 6 and 7 on the same machine and not be in violation of your license? If I have 7 installed and were to try to install 6 would it pickup an activation code from Quark's website?

mpancha  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2007, 11:49 PM

I have Quark 6.5 & 7.0 installed on 3 Macs at a client's office. I'm not sure if its in violation of the license, but for business purposes we needed both installed. The version of 7.0 we have installed is the upgrade.

That's the way things were installed when I started working at that client's office, there's never been a compatibility issue for us. But again, as far as the licensing goes, I'm not 100% sure.

ChrisF >> thanks!
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

headbirth
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2007, 09:44 AM

I'll have to give it a shot. Quark connects over the internet to activate the install. I'm just wondering if when I installed 7 it negates any previous license to install.

Forum Links
Forum Rules