Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > BackityMac not launching

BackityMac not launching
mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2008, 11:47 AM

I downloaded BackityMac onto a Intel MacPro running OS 10.4.11, but for some reason when I launch Backitymac, it won't open.

I have tried completely uninstalling BackityMac using AppZapper, which only found the app in my applications folder, no .plist or other system files. I have repaired permissions, and verified my hard drive.

I tried the same installer on my own MacBook Pro and it works fine. the difference between the MacPro and the MacBookPro is the MacPro is running on dual Xeons with OS 10.4.11, and the MacBookPro is running a C2D with OS 10.5

All that really happens is I launch the software, the icon grows to fill and fade out of the screen, but it is not running. I have checked in terminal via TOP and via Activity Monitor and there is no sign of backitymac.app. Any ideas on how I can make this work?
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

Forum Links
Forum Rules