Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Act, Daylite and NUDC

Act, Daylite and NUDC
Flyzone
Nov 7, 2003, 01:43 PM

Our sales department is running Act 2.8 for Mac and now the software is becoming very obsolete.
We're evaluating some option, one is moving to PC and go with ACT the other one is switching to another CRM software. We got some licenses of NUDC but the program is missing lots of feature like email merge, linking contacts and the interface is somehow unfriendly.
We're looking for a centralized CRM solution capable of merge emails, letters etc. I'm trying the latest version (1.5.1) of Daylite from Marketcircle and I like the program even if I think some of the feature are somehow confusing. Speed is also another problem. I found that creating an appointment on an emac 800mhz takes up to 5-6 seconds with the spinning wheel running.

I would like to know your opinions or suggestions,

Thanks,
Fly

Timothy Maxwell
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2003, 11:19 PM

I understand your problem. I used Act on the Mac for many years but ultimately became disenchanted with the lack of support for the Mac Operating System. I switched to Now Contact and found it useful but also lacking aggressive development. The software developer said that a new release in due in December 2003.

I have also toyed with Microsoft Entourage but am not overjoyed with that program either. There seems to be a lack of command key shortcuts. It takes too much effort to complete simple tasks. I do like the contact management and email integration though.

I am now testing Daylite and it seems to be very robust but hard to learn. I think that this might be the program for me.

Let me know if you find anything better.

Maxstar
Timothy Maxwell
Bankers Mortgage Corporation
FHA Direct Lenders • No Down Payment • Bad Credit OK

Visit us on the Web at http://www.Bankersmc.com

cpac
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 02:43 AM

DayLite is worth the learning curve.

The most annoying thing in the current version is a sub-standard calendar module, but this is being overhauled for 2.0 and they are definitely some of the most responsive developers out there (on par with, if not more conversational than, the OmniGroup folks).

There's a big DayLite mailing list - I'd suggest joining and posting your questions there.
cpac

Forum Links
Forum Rules