Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal quits as soon as it's launched - help!

iCal quits as soon as it's launched - help!
albyrw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2008, 08:40 AM

Hi all,

Having a problem with iCal, I launch it, it bounces a couple of times, shows a blank calendar screen for a blink of an eye then quits again, no failure warning, no nothing. I'm not even sure when this started happening 'cause I manage most of my appointments on another device, but now I do need to use it it's gone haywire.

I've had permissions problems since 10.5.1 which killed iSync, could be that, but deleting the iSync and iCal app support folders haven't helped - still won't launch. Anybody got any ideas? Are there any other files beside those in application support that I could delete to get it working again? I could live with losing my existing calendars.

thanks heaps,

alby

EDIT: dang it all, solution was right here in front of me had I just looked:

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...ate-ical-issue

That'll teach me. Fixed my problem right away, must've been 10.5.2.
( Last edited by albyrw; Feb 24, 2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Idiot OP didn't search for solutions before posting)

Forum Links
Forum Rules