Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Jaguar, Max Payne, and RTCW

Jaguar, Max Payne, and RTCW
Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2002, 07:20 AM

Has anyone out there with a proper install of the above (legal, final, etc.) noticed any problems running them? I just spent some bucks on software (imagine that) and I'd like to know if my Max Payne and Return to Castle Wolfenstein installs are gonna be messed up when I upgrade to Jagaur in 5 days (expected shipping).

And I am running a NewEgg Mac flashed PC Radeon 8500.

Thanks!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

CarpetFluff
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2002, 07:36 AM

As far as I know they're both fine. I've tried running Wolfenstein and it actually seems smoother, possibly because of an improved Open GL implementation. Didn't try Max yet but I haven't heard anything about it not working.
If it rained soup I'd have a fork in my hand!

Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2002, 08:36 AM

the 8500's drivers need soem work under 10.2, ti will seem faster cuase 10.2 is faster, but once ati releasesa update, we will see even more speed. THis si accourding to Aspyr.

Guy Incognito
Banned
Aug 22, 2002, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by CarpetFluff:
As far as I know they're both fine. I've tried running Wolfenstein and it actually seems smoother, possibly because of an improved Open GL implementation. Didn't try Max yet but I haven't heard anything about it not working.
There's keyboard issues with Max Payne under 10.2...occasional crashes and loss of sound too.

CarpetFluff
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2002, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by Guy Incognito:

There's keyboard issues with Max Payne under 10.2...occasional crashes and loss of sound too.
bugger , oh well lucky I finished it already then
If it rained soup I'd have a fork in my hand!

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Aug 22, 2002, 10:49 AM

Well I've played and beat Max Payne and played some Medal of Honor and RTCW under 10.2 GM and no problems or crashing here. Max Payne did freeze once, though.

Kaner
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2002, 12:35 PM

What about Diablo 2, anyone tried that on 10.2?

Mac-arthur
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2002, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Guy Incognito:

Hmmmm,

Guy you may be having a local problem with your system.

I've completed the Hard Boiled level of Max running 10.2 without a single crash,sound issue, or keyboard problem.

The only issue I ran into is that fog on my ATI radeon does not display correctly but that was an issue under 10.1.5 as well.

"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

spectre
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2002, 02:50 PM

I've almost completed Max Payne under 10.2, and I've had 0 problems, other then a few display glitches that might not be 10.2 specific. It might also be graphics card specific.

Forum Links
Forum Rules