Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Sonnet Crescendo G4/360/1MB for 6100/7100/8100

Sonnet Crescendo G4/360/1MB for 6100/7100/8100
jchen
Jun 21, 2005, 08:57 PM

As the title states, I am looking to sell the following item. The upgrade works perfectly fine and includes the required video adapter transfer module (wherein the upgrade plugs into your video card slot and your video card connects via such module to the upgrade, retaining full functionality).

More information on the adapter:
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/cr...s.html#adapter

The product has been discontinued and is the ONLY G4 upgrade available for NuBus Power Macs so it is indeed a rare item and find. My father had it installed in his 7100 but ultimately, the 7100 lost functionality due to faulty RAM and he decided that he didn't want to bother upgrading it.

The upgrade will make for a very fast OS 9.1 machine. As for OS X, I don't believe it will work.

I will post pictures at request, first, I just wanted to see whether there was even a demand for such product. I considered eBay, but I thought I might try my luck on the MacNN marketplace seeing that I read the site on a daily basis. At the moment, I really haven't any idea how much it's worth, it was originally purchased about four years ago for $450 (including the video adapter for $100) but certainly its value has diminished severely due to continued releases of OS X and the fact that a 360Mhz G4 simply isn't very appealing anymore. The Crescendo NuBus G3/500 currently retails for $199 and the video adapter for $50. I would be willing to sell both items for $100 with original manual.

Please e-mail at [email protected]. Thanks.

brucejy
Jun 21, 2005, 09:32 PM

I have a 7100 that was functional last time I checked. Last year I gave away my NuPower card and PDS adapter, along with RAM, in this forum. Would you be interested in it? Free, (plus shipping) of course.

jchen  (op)
Jun 21, 2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by brucejy
I have a 7100 that was functional last time I checked. Last year I gave away my NuPower card and PDS adapter, along with RAM, in this forum. Would you be interested in it? Free, (plus shipping) of course.
That's a very kind gesture but since taking out the upgrade card (I've had it for quite some time), my dad has since then purchased a Dual G5/2.0, moving his previous desktop computer (Dual G4/500) to the role that the 7100 once served. Thanks anyway though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules