Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Digital Audio Mobo details needed...

Digital Audio Mobo details needed...
Kurlon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2003, 05:27 PM

I'm a long time PC user, building boxes from way back in the good 'ol days of XTs, but well... there just isn't much challange at the moment to cranking up a PC, running Windows or a *nix/*BSD. So, I've decided to give OS X on a G4 a try and see if it keeps me occupied for awhile. : )

Being a bit of a hardware hacker, and a cheap bast!d at that, I've decided that its only appropriate that I build a G4 instead of buying a new/used unit pre-assembled. To that end I've purchaced a used Digital Audio mobo and 466mhz CPU and am tracking down a few other bits.

I plan to assemble this system in a PC ATX case. The physical modifcations for mounting are no problem. What does worry me is a lack of info reguarding pinouts and connectors on the motherboard. I don't have access to a running G4 tower to gleen info from, and Apple doesn't seem to like handing that kind of info out on their site. Some quick googling fails to reveal a good online source outside of Apple. So, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. Any info I can get reguarding the DA mobo to help me wire up a functional front panel and light the board would be greatly appreciated. To reciprocate, I will gladly do a write up on anything I discover and post it on my personal site for anyone to utilize.

Forum Links
Forum Rules