Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Illustrator 10 on Intel iMac

Illustrator 10 on Intel iMac
MacPowerUP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 02:20 PM

I have a legit copy of Illustrator 10 and when I try to install it on my new imac g5 the installer errors out. VISE? Do I have to wait for the new Universal Binaries or will CS work for me?

All help will be appreciated.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 20, 2006, 02:36 PM

If it's actually an iMac and not an iMac with a Core Duo, there's no need for a universal binary (and it should work even without one, just slower). If the installer isn't working, I'd try cleaning the disc, and if that doesn't work, getting a replacement.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

bgmccollum
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2006, 08:24 PM

I can confirm this. It crashes right after you enter your serial number.

grdnwsl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 11, 2006, 01:48 PM

I can confirm the same behavior on an Intel Mac Mini. It's a Core Duo system and It gets up to the point where you start the installation (right after entering in the serial number) then dies. All other Adobe applications I've attempted to install (Photoshop 7.0 and InDesign 2.0) have installed just fine. Illustrator seems to be the only app with this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

I've heard mention on another board (can't find the link at the moment) that someone had success installing to a PPC mac, then transferring the files over, but they said it wasn't an easy task and is not for the light-hearted.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jul 11, 2006, 03:59 PM

hmm.

my friend had the same problem recently; she bought a macbook, installed all her apps.
she has illustrator 10, it would not install.

she had to upgrade to CS2.
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Burn
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2006, 09:08 PM

I can confirm CS2 installs fine, sorry 10 doesn't work though.. maybe call Adobe and ask them nicely to provide you with an upgrade option, since 10 kinda sucked anyway. Of course, it is a great piece of software... just had some weird bugs that were never fixed, just skipped right over to CS.

Bill.

dankar
Jul 13, 2006, 04:56 AM

Downloaded the Adobe creative suite premium on my Macbook, illustrator ver 10 works perfectly. Could it be only the stand-alone AI ver 10, has problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules