Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Speakers for iMac

Speakers for iMac
Dell Switcher
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2003, 08:48 PM

Currently have Apple Pro Speakers and iSub but would like to upgrade...anyone familiar with Creative I-Trigue i3350 which has appealing looks and matches iMac color.

Would like to use my current iMac speakers with PB.

WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2003, 03:22 AM

Originally posted by Dell Switcher:
Currently have Apple Pro Speakers and iSub but would like to upgrade...anyone familiar with Creative I-Trigue i3350 which has appealing looks and matches iMac color.

Would like to use my current iMac speakers with PB.
See my thread on a similar topic. The i3350 look good and Creative use/own Cambridge SoundWorks speakers which are apparently good. I ended up buying Altec Lansing 621's which have more power. I have found them to be brilliant, perhaps lacking a little mid-range but I've corrected that in iTunes with the equaliser. I read a review on the 3350's that said they could also be a bit light on mid-range due to the small speakers used. To use your pro speakers with a PowerBook you will need an iFire from Griffin.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2003, 03:42 AM

I picked up a pair of Yamaha YST-MS201s for about $50. They're white so they match my eMac, and they're quite powerful and they sound good for the price. I got them because a friend recommended Yamahas, and I'm glad he did.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Forum Links
Forum Rules