Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Cleared file but know not how?

Cleared file but know not how?
Dell Switcher
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2003, 02:32 AM

By some stroke of my mice, I cleared the Internet Download folder but do not know how? I checked preferences in my browsers and that was not the problem.

Fortunately, I had this folder backed up. My concern is that I will do it again...any thoughts for this switcher?
Switcher and damn glad...with iMac and PB who would not be happy!

moki
Ambrosia - el Presidente
Oct 29, 2003, 06:39 AM

Originally posted by Dell Switcher:
By some stroke of my mice, I cleared the Internet Download folder but do not know how? I checked preferences in my browsers and that was not the problem.
Are you sure you cleared the actual download folder, or did you just perhaps clear the list of downloaded files in your web browser?
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Dell Switcher  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2003, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by moki:
Are you sure you cleared the actual download folder, or did you just perhaps clear the list of downloaded files in your web browser?
No...the folder was clear except for files downloaded the last 24 hrs. My downloads mostly come from AOL via E-mail or Safari.
The missing (or cleared files) came from both. I wonder if there is popscreen when downloading files which you can click to clear?

Dell Switcher  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2003, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by Dell Switcher:

Fortunately, I had this folder backed up. My concern is that I will do it again...any thoughts for this switcher?
FORGET MY MESSAGE...found the folder buried in another folder that I was moving to Trash. Should have used the Find command quicker...My Goof! Me and my mice done bad!

Forum Links
Forum Rules