Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Class Action Lawsuit Against William Bart/BBX Omega

Class Action Lawsuit Against William Bart/BBX Omega
anonymac
Baninated
Jul 4, 2007, 04:03 AM

I Have Consulted A Lawyer. The Lawyer Decided That We Should Proceed With A Lawsuit Against William Bart. I Cannot Get Into The Details Or Lawsuit Allegations As My Lawyer Has Advised Me Not To Speak To The Public While A Lawsuit Is Pending. However, The Lawyer Wants Anyone Who Has Suffered Damages As A Result Of William Bart And Bbx Omega To Respond To This Thread. The Lawyer Will Then Proceed With A Class Action Lawsuit Seeking An Unspecified Amount In Damages As A Result Of Mr. Bart AND BBX OMEGA. The Amount Is Expected To Be In The Tens Of Millions Is All I Can Tell You Now. Please Respond As Quickly As Possible.

Ω
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2007, 06:26 AM

( Last edited by Ω; Oct 7, 2007 at 07:01 AM. )
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

kat81
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2007, 01:49 PM

ROFL! He's mad cuz he paid for ShapeShifter so he could use BBX Omega when it came out, which it never did.
http://forums.macnn.com/94/gui-custo...for-bbx-omega/

This is just total, laughable, bullshit. You can't sue someone for your own stupidity!

gnomexp
Forum Regular
Jul 4, 2007, 02:14 PM

Well.... lets make this simple. Were you emotionally distraught over something you've never seen? Did this emotional damage cause you to miss work, quit jobs, change careers, move, etc.? Did the loss of this theme prevent the use of Shapeshifter, something with plenty of other themes?

Oh... here's the biggie. Did the theme ever exist?

If this is remotely serious, which I doubt considering you caught the Caps filter, you need to pull your head out of your ass. Bart had better things to do with life and, considering that BBX isn't possible, he made the right choice. He never collected money and he releases all of his materials under a terms of service which protects him from liability. Even then, just because YOU were damaged by a failed project doesn't give YOU the right to sue. It's only if HE CAUSED YOU damages, say, with a crowbar or a targeted insult.

Sandy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2007, 02:17 PM

Great idea though! I wanted to use Internet Explorer on my intel iMac, but after I bought the iMac I found out IE had been discontinued. I want 10s of millions in damages too! anonymac, will your lawyer take my case on a percentage basis?

One quick question, from where do you think Bill Bart (or even Unsanity, for that matter) come up with 10s of millions of dollars?

air
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 4, 2007, 03:54 PM

i think william bart fell of the planet

Photo678
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 4, 2007, 06:08 PM

so, you bought a program to use a theme (not made by the programs developers) that was just being previewed, and now you want to sue someone who was going to make something for free and didn't finish it. Your lawyer should go back to dummy college and study what a class action lawsuit is. That is of course this "lawyer" actually exists and isn't just your teddy bear under your bed whom you have tea with on occasion.

I want to sue your dumb ass for wasting my time. Idiot
( Last edited by Photo678; Jul 4, 2007 at 06:15 PM. )

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2007, 06:55 PM

All disregard any of annoymac's threads, he just likes to cause trouble.
Signature depreciated.

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2007, 09:18 AM

The jury finds in favor of anonymac and the rest of the greedys in the community. You get nothing since the themes cost you nothing and the effort is all on the themers side. Free = $0 as damages.
end of line.

jettyboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 11, 2007, 09:43 PM

Thanks, that's the best laugh I've had in days!
`A`ohe pau ka `ike i ka h�lau ho`ok�hi.
All knowledge is not taught in one school.

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 16, 2007, 08:08 AM

Wow when I read the title I thought this was something legitimate between 2 companies or something like that.
This is total nonsense, ludicrous, idiotic.. in all words BS! I mean I would really love to see Omega released but I'm not loosing sleep over it, I'm more interested in the upcoming Leopard & it's under pinnings.. what's more makes me ashamed he's a Mac user!! :-I

doccus
Jul 17, 2007, 02:46 PM

not very funny..

Forum Links
Forum Rules