Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What did you do this weekend?

What did you do this weekend?
G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 01:09 AM

just curious, me. well around 1 on saturday I got a knock on my door, and i was told that we, as in three other friends, and i, are going to canada for the night. So I packed a bag and 20 minutes later we were on the road ready for the 5+hrs drive from Orono Maine, to Quebec Canada.

Why you ask would 4 collage students head to Quebec for just the night with out any real set plans? well I will give you one hint, we are all 18 and have debit cards

So 3 short hours into the trip we were at the border and the guy asked us why we were going to Canada and how long we were going to be there. We said for pleasure and just the night. He took a double take a our licenses and asked the usual drugs, tobacco, alcohol, questions, and 4 mins later we were inside Canada. just 1 1/2 hours to get to Quebec

Once we were on the outskirts of Quebec we found an ATM that took out debit cards, and whamo we had cold hard Canadian Cash, luckily for us there was a Couche Tard across the street, where we proceeded to buy Moloson Export, 1.18 Lt. (40 oz) Just for the record the entire trip I was DD and I enjoyed it.

We then got to the hotel district, and decided that we could swing the Radison Hotel, just about 20 min walk from the Chateau. we got a room for the 4 of us it was kind of steep, 180 CND, or about 115 US. We then proceeded to the local Bars, our first stop was a quaint bar called D'Orsay, it was a real tourist attraction, my friends pounded a few beers, Labat Blue Dry, and the chick drank Shmirnof Ice. I was happy with my 7up.

We the walked in the frigid cold and did some sight seeing, or what we could at 11 o'clock, we walked down the stairs behind the Chateau, to the old Quebec, it was dead down there we then headed back to the hotel and stopped at a Guinness bar were they again had a few beers, and stayed until lsat call, we then made our way back to our rooms around 2, I feel asleep fine and had a great night except for the fact that I had to share the double bed with a guy, it was cool nothing happened.

In the morning the chick Maghan felt like crap, so we decided we would find some food, we drove around Quebec for about 40 min until she had to really puke bad, luckily we found a spot where she could just lean out of the car and let'er rip. Nothing like some american kids parked on side of the street with one puking her guts out.

On that note we decided that we could catch some food on the way out of town, we eventually got oriented and headed back to Maine. we stopped at a Burger King, and had some breakfast/lunch. After lunch we headed back to the border.

At the boarder we got the usual how long were we in Canada and what was our purpose, she knew what we were the for, she searched out car and found the empty 40's and let us pass!! Haha.

I made it back to my dorm around 4 this afternoon and have been chilln playing Vice City.

Here are some Pics

so what was your weekend like?

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Nimisys
Banned
Nov 4, 2002, 01:18 AM

i spent about an hour ripping the dash out of the z and tearing apart the center console

gave the jeep a tune up (had a broken terminal on the cap) and cleaned the throttle body position sensor and idle relay control, so it holds an idle again. woohoo

then wasted about 4 hours on a pos 2.3l 4 banger 1990 ford ranger that sucks donkey balls looking for a short or a break in the ignition system without a voltometer... not fun

hmm did the church thing... did the auto-x thing saturday morning, stopped by frys and bitched at them for still not having an item in that i have a raincheck on.

might be getting a new job again.

and doing homework

i think i need more social interaction... or some liqour.

clod
Senior User
Nov 4, 2002, 01:33 AM

I went to Quebec City in 1999. It's a beautiful city.
Picture.

Nimisys
Banned
Nov 4, 2002, 01:34 AM

i want to goto quevec someday, along with montreal. i have heard they are beautiful cities. to bad all i got is TJ

DaKiwi2788
Senior User
Nov 4, 2002, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by Nimisys:
i want to goto quevec someday, along with montreal. i have heard they are beautiful cities. to bad all i got is TJ
Who or what is TJ?
-Emily

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by DaKiwi2788:

Who or what is TJ?
Tijuana, Mexico, favorite hangout for minors who want to get drunk.

Nimisys
Banned
Nov 4, 2002, 01:42 AM

aka dirtiest place on earth

aka worlds biggest swap meet

aka where the black market, is the corner market

aka where all kids in socal goto get drunk cause it is dirt cheap and you only need to be 18, speak spanish or can make an id saying your 18, or any combo there of

fulmer
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2002, 01:45 AM

I worked.

DaKiwi2788
Senior User
Nov 4, 2002, 01:48 AM

My wonderful boyfriend came to visit me. Friday night we went out with some of my friends and got costumes for a party. I was a French maid and he was a devil. Then we went to Steak and Shake at 3:30 am. I wanted pancakes, they should have been serving them, but the waitress refused. I am boycotting them now.

Saturday we woke up and went to the Indianapolis Apple store grand opening and shopped around the mall. We went to get Chinese for lunch and cheesecake factory for dessert. Then we came back to Purdue and hung out with my roommate. We rented "Life or Something Like it." It was alright, but nothing spectacular. Drove around for awhile after that.

Today woke up and ate lunch, took the movie back, and looked at all the changing leaves around campus. Then it rained.

Oh well, it was a fun weekend.

Pictures are here: http://homepage.mac.com/tikkirulz/PhotoAlbum14.html
-Emily

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2002, 02:06 AM

Still recovering from knee surgery, so I surfed

Nimisys
Banned
Nov 4, 2002, 02:08 AM

i assume you are reffering to the internet...

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2002, 02:19 AM

Yeah, exciting huh?

Sealobo
Nov 4, 2002, 02:26 AM

I bought a Canon D60.

I ate crabs.

I had sex.

I scolded by my father because of the D60.

DaKiwi2788
Senior User
Nov 4, 2002, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by sealobo:
I bought a Canon D60.

I ate crabs.

I had sex.

I scolded by my father because of the D60.
Well, at least your father didn't scold you for taking pictures of yourself getting crabs from having sex.
-Emily

Abraham Lincoln

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 03:21 AM

Dp, sorry.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 03:21 AM

Bought a new juicer.

Cooked a venison stew, ate, drank red wine. And fresh juice, apple and pear. Read Kurt Vonnegut, "Breakfast of Champions" again. Threw my toys ot of the pram with Zimphire.

Cipher13
Nov 4, 2002, 03:25 AM

Hm.

Thursday... Castle Hill Tav. Weekly thing. Drank some stuff. Drove around the streets, set off some fireworks, went home.
Friday... we went to miniature golf At Carlingford. Bought a couple of cases and drank 'em (before and after). Drove to Ryde, went to Putney, hung around there for a bit. Went home.
Saturday... went to Castle Hill Tav (much to my distaste... full of old people on a Sat), watched Thornberry vs. that damn neanderthal. Was bitterly disappointed at his loss. Went to the HyBar and drank some more. Drove around the streets trying to get the best airtime.
Sunday... stayed in.
Tonight... to be decided.

Fun weekend.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2002, 03:25 AM

Surfed, bought a pack of CD-Rs, discussed FIRST, made a website, and played a few good games of wolfenstein.

A nice weekend, I say.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 03:26 AM

I was sitting infront of my iMac Rev.A all weekend, eating pizza, watching the WSU football on ABC, chatting on ICQ, reading those crappy Hong Kong news, and listening my iPod on my bed. That's what I did in my apartment all weekend.

One last thing, typing up my eBay auctions on DreamWeaver MX.

Just relax.

Sealobo
Nov 4, 2002, 03:38 AM

Originally posted by Kenneth:
reading those crappy Hong Kong news.

Roxie
Forum Regular
Nov 4, 2002, 03:50 AM

I bought myself a "new" vibrator... enough said...

Jens Peter
Senior User
Nov 4, 2002, 04:03 AM

What did I do? Well, friday after work I got home. Made a nice dinner and then placed myself in front of my iMac.
I have to make a little java-applet wich I got started on and the I started to clean up my iMac. Deleting stuff I
don't use anymore, burning CD's etc.
Saturday I got up late, took my iMac to the car and drove off to a friends house. Hooked it up to his network, transfered some files and had a lot of fun. I dove back, went to some friends apartment, and from ther we went to visit a guy from Ireland we know who is going back to Ireland friday. We sat at his girlfriends apartment and watched 'Trigger happy tv' - and that was a lot of fun. I was home
at about 5:00, went to sleep...
Sunday I got up around 15:00, watched 'Mr. Deeds', some friends came over, cooked, and that was that weekend....

Jens Peter

Nimisys
Banned
Nov 4, 2002, 04:10 AM

Originally posted by Roxie:
I bought myself a "new" vibrator... enough said...

no its not.. we demand more details, and of cource some pics...

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 05:02 AM

friday: video games, liquor (I think...)
Saturday: LAN party
Sunday: HW

oh yeah, sex
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 05:02 AM

Originally posted by Nimisys:

no its not.. we demand more details, and of cource some pics...

video works as well
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2002, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by G4ME:
Here are some Pics

i like how you labelled one photo "Nothing like fine Qubecian Cuesine." made me laugh!

-r.

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 08:47 AM

sorry even though I took 4 years of french in High school, I know very little, just enought to get by,

And Roxie you need to hook up with Dakiwi, with Sealbo and his new camera, and we could launch a new web site, Macnn xXx, live video streaming on the internet!!!! we could all make millions

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 12:00 PM

My wife worked, she's a visiting nurse, medicine continues 24 hours a day 7 days a week. This was her 4th weekend commitment & so worked! I took care of the dogs. Went to an open house on Sunday, 84 year old neighbor thats moving to assisted living today!

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 12:36 PM

Friday: Got stuck in a horrible traffic jam on Rock Creek Parkway and then went dancing.
Saturday: Climbed Old Rag mountain in Shenandoah National Park with a buddy of mine and ate at a lame diner in Warrenton afterwards. Spent the evening pet sitting for some family friends out of town.
Sunday: More pet-sitting and using their laundry .Worked on my new bike; It is new to me, the bike is actually 15-years-old and in kick-ass shape. I got it for free, too. Went for a three hours bike ride on the local Rail-Trail testing out the bike. Went to my favorite Indian Restaurant for dinner, went home and hung out listening to some tunes, playing with my cat, and smoking my pipe. No, NOT that kind of pipe. Think Sherlcok Holmes, not Bob Marley.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

ringo
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2002, 12:44 PM

Friday: Watched Jackass: The Movie, found out my uncle died

Saturday: Took my Godson to the Museum of Natural History in NYC...watched his eyes light up when he saw dinosaur bones for the first time, watched Battle Royale again.

Sunday: Watched Android of Notre Dame and Mermaid in a Manhole, played with the computers, hung out with my wife, played Quake on my Dreamcast.

denim
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2002, 12:59 PM

Friday, drove to Canton CT to pick up my car from the dealer but got there too late. Had dinner in a "nice" Italian restaurant I won't return to.

Went home and started the chili beans soaking.

Saturday, drove to Canton CT to pick up my car from the dealer and succeeded. After paying the bill, I'll be sitting on cushions for several days. Drove around a bit in the beautiful weather in my nice working Integra.

Bought a sugar pumpkin at a farm stand. Bet the sales woman that I'd get two pies out of it. Lost that bet.

Went grocery shopping and bought 8lbs of onions (sale!), a bunch of beef marrow bones, two pounds of ground chicken, and mushrooms, cheese, other things.

Got home and started the chili.

While that was happening, started working on my eBay stuff. Trying to figure out my next bevy of items to sell, I started to unpack boxes to find things I haven't used in the last 2+ years, since I moved in.

Went around putting things away or throwing them out.

The chili came out nice. Froze a lot of it. Ate the rest Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday, early in the morning, started some beef stock in the Crock Pot(tm).

Cooked my pumpkin, made pie and roasted seeds. The pie came out okay, but it's a bit too moist. Still, it's almost half gone already. Not good. I really shouldn't have bought it, but there were SO MANY pumpkins at the various farm stands! I couldn't resist.

Continued cleaning in search of eBay fodder.

So, what'd I do this weekend? I cooked and cleaned. Does this mean I'm "domestic"?
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

Demonhood
Administrator
Nov 4, 2002, 01:21 PM

Thursday (yes, Thursday): halloween themed dinner party with friends. checked out the madness of the local festivities.

Friday: i don't remember.

Saturday: hung out. made strawberry crepes. took some pictures. closed some threads. the usual.

Sunday: woke up late. lounged about. played hockey.

zilmer
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 4, 2002, 01:27 PM

one word: cannabis

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 02:07 PM

Friday: work until late (kitchen drawings). Had a quiet night watching some "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" Heh heh that Drew Carey. Ordered some good pizza.

Saturday: Drove into the City with my wife: incredibly, found parking in Chinatown and thereafter went to our favorite dim sum place. I can never remember what to order, but it doesn't matter because we always get the same thing and the waiters all know it. Got back into the auto and went to a lighting store on the west side, but it was closed, so we went up to the Conran's at Queensbridge and oogled the expensive furniture. Left with a $12 matt and some ideas. Took the "scenic" route home, hung out, and then headed off to a party in Brooklyn. Saw some folks I hadn't seen in ten years; got to the party early enough to see the little ones being trotted out by their proud parents. Spoke with a friend about a house she wants to do, but needs to put off until spring. Left early (wife's still on the mend) and drove home, past an accident in the neighborhood.

Sunday: spent most of the day getting the house ready for an extended visit by my wife's mother. Did some simple car maintenence stuff. Took a little drive with my wife to see all the leaves changing in the neighborhood, and to check out the damage on the house where some car had run into it (house not badly damaged, but the tree in front was totally destroyed). Picked up my wife's mom at JFK, discovered that � at the American terminal � if you press the button to get the walk signal you get it immediately...thinking about having some fun with that sometime. A guy in the baggage claim had some cool shoes, so when I was off getting her mom's bags, my wife asked him where he got them, and they came from a store on a street close to our house.

Cool shoes, them.

Mars_Attacks
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 4, 2002, 02:08 PM

I cheated death.

I had an assymetrical flap deployment on final in my cessna.
I was 200 feet AGL at 60 kts when I went from 20 to 30 degrees of flaps when something went BANG. The plane rolled hard left, I figured I caught an updraft and corrected. When I touched down the plane was almost uncontrollable. I chalked it up as being sloppy until I moved the flap lever back to 0 degrees and nothing happened. I looked out the passenger side and the flap would not retract. I looked out my side and the flap was gone.

If I had been higher and this had happened I would have done a Wellstone impression.
Ewwww, don't touch it. Here,
poke at it with this stick.

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 02:14 PM

thats a good thing about small airplanes you can pretty much land it no mater what, but that must have been one hell of an exciting landing,

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 4, 2002, 02:31 PM

partied. hard! met a cute girl, called Sarah.

don't ask for any party details, because i can't remember any
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

Mars_Attacks
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 4, 2002, 02:34 PM

thats a good thing about small airplanes you can pretty much land it no mater what, but that must have been one hell of an exciting landing,
I still can't find my underwear.
Ewwww, don't touch it. Here,
poke at it with this stick.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 02:40 PM

It rained here all goddam weekend. Surfed the web a bunch, piddled with my site, learned acouple of XTC songs off of the albums (new band project) slept late, and took the kids swimming at "the Y."

You know it's a slow news day when the big event is your three-year-old correctly using the potty.

Saturday, went out for dinner at a really good Indian restaraunt. Had curried Mussels, spinach and cheese-stuffed Nan, and Lamb with coconut curry sauce. That was the high point.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2002, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by philzilla:
don't ask for any party details, because i can't remember any
Now that's when you know you partied.

I went to a Florida Panther game. They sucks, they lost, the end. I got drunk, I made an icon or three, played with Flash MX, and that's it. Corn dogs, beer, hockey, and computers.

Oh, and I bought a new mouse.

Nai no Kami
Senior User
Nov 4, 2002, 02:48 PM

Friday: I worked a lot as an idiot. At 9:30pm, when I got home, my girl came and we watched South Park in bed.s

Saturday: About midday: cleaning my house (I was asleep before). I went to the supermarket and made myself something for lunch. My little brother came and we went for a stroll and came back with a couple of CDs (good stuff). At about 5pm I went to my grandmother-in-law's to meet my girl. We left my little brother at my parent's home and beared to my appartment. Had a good time , took a shower and headed to the cinema: Argentine movie, "Kamchatka". Really well done but not a great movie; lacking some depth for our taste. Went to bed.

Sunday: Woke up late also. Had lunch with my girl (wonderful "asado"). My sister in law came and helped her with some Photoshop work. That consumed the rest of the day. At night, I went to my parent's with my Japanese sushi knife because my dad had a salmon done in salt, black pepper and sugar and wanted me to cut it. The fish was "insanely great"(TM). I made a dip for it with mustard, curry, sugar and whiskey that was also tasty.

Now, monday, back to work and with a lot to do. It will be a very long day.

I use my lunchtime to browse this forums, leave the page open in the background and post while I answer phone calls, for example.

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2002, 04:57 PM

Did the final exam for my class in Private Investigation. Damn, that thing's evil. Three pages of definitions, five case studies, a token true/false section, and 22 essays.

That took up basically my whole weekend. Rather anticlimactic, given the weekend before.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

DaKiwi2788
Senior User
Nov 4, 2002, 05:04 PM

And Roxie you need to hook up with Dakiwi, with Sealbo and his new camera, and we could launch a new web site, Macnn xXx, live video streaming on the internet!!!! we could all make millions
Hmm....I don't know what I think about that. Millions, huh?
I don't think the boy toy would permit such things. Unless he was the one with the camera at least.
-Emily

Abraham Lincoln

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 05:21 PM

cammon any red blooded American Joe wouldn't mind seeing some of the old in out, in out between a couple girls and formentioned object,

and about the millions its all about marketing, and getting the name out there, you know there looking for it, we just need to make them come our way, common this could be a great way to test all my business models out

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2002, 05:37 PM

Thursday: Didn't dress up for Halloween (just about everyone else did), ate a handful of Phsycadelic mushrooms (first time) and had a hell of a night. Avoided the cops at a few partys and came back just in time for a room party with about 30 girls and 5 guys.

Friday: Skipped work because I was toast, slept till 3. repaired my stereo that was randomly shutting off, took the whole damn thing apart and completely cleaned every connection, now it works, for now at least. Walked around Best Buy looking at things I can't afford. Cooked some soup. Went to bed.

Saturday: Campus was dead, hung out with some friends earlier just shooting the **** and gettin high. Got my truck inspected, it failed because of worn tires. Got new tires, got passing inspection. Did an assload of art HW, threw on Jurrasic Park and went to bed.

Sunday: Woke up early, got an allignment and oil change, watched the Pats murder the Bills and Bledsoe over some Harpoon IPAs, did some more HW, watched Simpsons, then Sopranos, did more HW, went to bed.

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2002, 05:50 PM

yeah pats, to bad they are sucking it up in the long run

fat mac moron
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 4, 2002, 05:58 PM

I had a stupid UTA

capuchin
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 4, 2002, 06:19 PM

1) Slept.
2) Went to a charity auction.
3) Put 100 miles on the Mini Cooper just 'cos.
4) Cleaned up the yard
5) Ate Indian food.
6) When out with my ATF buddy and helped fight crime�.
7) Played in the iGames National Halo tournament. Lost badly.
8) Rehearsed with my fellow actors.
9) Slept again.
All opinions are entirely those of my employer. It's not my fault.

Forum Links
Forum Rules