Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Where are iLife and iWork 07?

Where are iLife and iWork 07?
brokenjago
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2007, 02:42 AM

Thoughts? Skipped a year? Later release, perhaps concurrently with leopard?
Linkinus is king.

Bennylen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2007, 12:53 PM

Not annoucing iLife '07 (and iWork '07) at the Keynote was the biggest disappointment for me. I have money in my pocket to buy a new Mac and I waited with the expectation that the new versions would be released and on new Macs. Now I gotta decide to go ahead and buy or wait a little longer.

My thought is Apple will hold another special conference in Feb. to announce the new versions and a ship date for Leopard. They will ship concurently with Leopard in June. Which also happens to be the same time as the iPhone shipment and they will announce that the iPhone will support Pages and Keynote (and maybe a new Charts {or Numbers} program)

We'll just have to wait and see.

rotuts
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 01:10 PM

I was also disappointed

why did Amazon jump the gun by so much? Id like an Apple app w spreadsheet to finally rarely use Office.

Im betting that the iPhone is in june due to it containing Leopard not 10.4

he could sell them in two months after FCC stuff

I also think Jobs keep all other anouncemnets until later to keep the burner on the iPhone

no flat panel iPod? iMove? they surely could also make those unless they too need 10.5
MacPro 2.66 dual 3GB RAM 1.5 TB HD's
24" + 21" Samsung flat panels
Miglia mini HD (Great!)

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by rotuts View Post
I was also disappointed

why did Amazon jump the gun by so much? Id like an Apple app w spreadsheet to finally rarely use Office.

Im betting that the iPhone is in june due to it containing Leopard not 10.4

he could sell them in two months after FCC stuff

I also think Jobs keep all other anouncemnets until later to keep the burner on the iPhone

no flat panel iPod? iMove? they surely could also make those unless they too need 10.5
I'm pretty sure just because the iPhone uses OS X doesn't mean it's any of the versions you've ever used. It's a watered down phone version of the OS.

rotuts
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 08:50 PM

You Bet.

but its a watered down 10.5 so won't be sold before 10.5

why not sell in 2 M after Fcc stuff????????
Miglia mini HD (Great!)

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 11:37 PM

Steve wanted this all for iPhone - us poor Mac users will just have to wait.

nathanxu
Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2007, 08:12 PM

Maybe iLife and iWork is just part of normal apple software, just like the normal software update. Maybe it will just quitly updated over the period of MacWorld. I hope that is the case anyway
iMac 24 Inch, 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 640 GB Hard drive, 256 MB NVIDIA
iPhone5 64GB Black
1TB Time Capsule

rotuts
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2007, 09:24 PM

yes
but I want that spreadsheet!

and Jobs won't that one out of the bad with out some booola booola!
Miglia mini HD (Great!)

LagunaSol
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bennylen View Post
I have money in my pocket to buy a new Mac and I waited with the expectation that the new versions would be released and on new Macs. Now I gotta decide to go ahead and buy or wait a little longer.
You think that's bad, I'm sitting on an unopened MacBook I bought on clearance, waiting for possible news of updates (hardware and/or software) at Macworld. Now I'm in a bind (thanks Apple!). Do I wait?

Rest assured: the very moment I break the seal on the box, Apple will announce MacBook hardware updates, new lower pricing, and iLife 07.

So when do you folks want me to break the seal (since that's the day you'll get your iLife 07 news)?

Tenex
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2007, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by LagunaSol View Post
So when do you folks want me to break the seal (since that's the day you'll get your iLife 07 news)?
Now! Now! Now!

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 02:35 PM

I wager that iLife/iWork '07 were postponed because they tie closely into Leopard (Time Machine, anyone?), which isn't quite ready for primetime. I wouldn't count on anything being released (or even announced) in the next few weeks... how much did you spend on your MacBook? And is it a CD or C2D?

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by TheoCryst View Post
I wager that iLife/iWork '07 were postponed because they tie closely into Leopard (Time Machine, anyone?), which isn't quite ready for primetime. I wouldn't count on anything being released (or even announced) in the next few weeks... how much did you spend on your MacBook? And is it a CD or C2D?
My actual thought behind why it didn't come out was because of iPhone.

I suspect iWork/iLife will come out soon, we'll probably see that spreadsheet software too. I think that's exactly what's missing from the iPhone as well. So an iWork Mobile edition might also be on the horizon. They might be letting the iPhone product line sink into people's heads before they start featuring software that you will be able to buy for your phone.

Steve Job's has already said in an interview that they won't be allowing third party application makers for the phone but that didn't mean they wouldn't release some on their own.

My guess for iLife release? beginning of feb.

LagunaSol
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheoCryst View Post
how much did you spend on your MacBook? And is it a CD or C2D?
$699, original Core Duo 1.83, 512 MB RAM, 60G HD, Combo drive. A respectable deal, but if I'm going to be throwing out more $$$ to get iLife 07, it may have been in my best interest to put that money into hardware (i.e. a current-model MacBook sans all the first model glitches) instead.

Then again, probably not. Guess I'll open 'er up tonight. iLife 07 announcement tomorrow morning everyone! My luck can almost guarantee it.

brokenjago  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2007, 11:30 PM

ThinkSecret says March, due to the sheer breadth of updates being done to the suite. Great! Just in time for my birthday.

Sounds cool. What's up Apple's sleeves this time?
Linkinus is king.

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2007, 01:45 AM

i dont know why people hate microsoft office sriously that program is amazing
and will only improve when the UNIBIN is releases.

Nothing apple can make that will topple office is just aamzing M.P.O.
A.I.R (ART IS RESISTANCE)

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2007, 05:15 AM

I don't think it's hatred for Microsoft. It's the price tag that makes most home users prefer iWork over Office.

brettcamp
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by TETENAL View Post
I don't think it's hatred for Microsoft. It's the price tag that makes most home users prefer iWork over Office.
... and the bloat. And the unintuitive interface. And its illegal , anti consumer monopoly tactics. And the fact that when many of us gave up using MS products, our Macs suddenly stopped having certain problems. Granted, a lot of these issues are pre-OSX, and David Pogue says the new version of Office is much less bloated. But I still use alternatives (though not iWork) and much prefer them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules