Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal to HTML...is it possible???

iCal to HTML...is it possible???
cboom4250
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2007, 10:40 PM

Hi all.
First, I just want to say that this is a great site and I can already tell that I'm going to frequent here.
But, down to the business at hand, as I am in a bit of a crunch. I am in charge of maintaining a website for one of the offices on my campus (University of South Carolina) and one of the things I need to create is a calendar. I love the look of the iCal calendars, but the only problem is converting them to HTML. Is there any way to do this? I've searched and searched on google and the like but to no avail.
If I can't do it, do you guys (and gals) have any suggestions for me?

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2007, 10:52 PM

I don't know whether iCal server will help with this?

davecom
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2007, 09:31 PM

Two ideas for you:
1. You can get PHP solutions that will read iCal's native calendar file format and display them nicely.
2. You could take screenshots of the calendar displayed well and just post that. Kind of ghetto though.

zro
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2007, 01:07 AM

PHP iCalendar

Just noticed Sunbird (Mozilla Sunbird™) will export HTML, but it's not at all like a calendar. Basically just a list of events.
( Last edited by zro; Apr 6, 2007 at 01:15 AM. )

techtrucker
Senior User
Apr 6, 2007, 04:18 AM

If you happen to be a member of dot mac (or have access to a webDAV server) you can publish the calendars to the web. If not check out iCal2Web.

My only other thought it to maybe check out Mozilla's Sunbird project. It can import ical's .ics files, and it does export to html. But then you lose the iCal look...
MacBook 2.0 160/2GB/SuperDrive
Lots of older Macs

Forum Links
Forum Rules