Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > [Ann] HP to Provide Real-time Customer Support for New Mac OS X on HP Support Forums

[Ann] HP to Provide Real-time Customer Support for New Mac OS X on HP Support Forums
HPMacConnectPR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2009, 08:38 PM

HP to Provide Real-time Customer Support for Users of New Mac OS X on HP Support Forums

HP today announced that company experts will provide real-time support through the HP Support Forums for customers who have recently upgraded to Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.

From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT on Sept. 9, experts from the HP Mac-connect team will monitor the HP Mac Printing & Scanning Board on the HP Support Forums to help customers enjoy full functionality of their current Mac-compatible HP peripherals. Customers who post questions on the board will receive a timely response from HP experts.

Following the real-time support hours, the HP Mac-connect team will continue to provide tips, support and advice on the HP Mac Printing & Scanning Board.

Customers can access additional information and timing regarding HP driver support for a wide range of HP product lines at www.hp.com/support and www.hp.com/go/mac.

HP has worked closely with Apple throughout the Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard development process, enabling customers to enjoy built-in print driver support for more than 1,300 worldwide HP peripherals out of the box – the most ever offered by HP for a new Mac OS. In addition to print driver support, HP is providing scan support for the latest HP Inkjet All-in-Ones built into the operating system.

More information regarding HP peripherals supporting Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard is available at www.hp.com/go/mac, www.hp.com/go/macreseller and www.hp.com/support.

About HP

HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.

Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2009, 09:41 PM

Have you run this by the admins / mods ?

-t

reader50
Administrator
Aug 31, 2009, 09:52 PM

We're OK with this thread.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2009, 10:31 PM

Hey HP, can I have a free t-shirt?

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2009, 03:14 AM

Screw that. You guys haven't even managed to get 10.6 drivers ready in time for the printers you sold last year. Lotta good that "real-time support"| is gonna do when all your reps will be able to say is "HP hasn't managed to ship that driver yet".

So how about you knock of the PR stunts and instead start working on your drivers?

FTR, IMHO the thread is spam. Reported.

techtrucker
Senior User
Sep 1, 2009, 12:28 PM

Ok, I'll bite, my PSC 1400 is not functioning at all with 10.6 except for scanning via Image Capture.
MacBook 2.0 160/2GB/SuperDrive
Lots of older Macs

alfredo
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2009, 10:47 PM

My two year old OfficeJet 5610 doesn't work now. No word yet on if or when a driver will be provided. So as I wait, jobs keep piling up.

Found a fix. I can't remember where, but this is what I did to get my OfficeJet5600 working:

First I removed all HP drivers then restarted. I then went to their site and went to the drivers page. I then downloaded the latest HP drivers for my printer (Officejet 5610) *

I opened a document to print. In the printer pulldown there are two printers showed. Select the HP Officejet 5600 series, not the one with the fax,

Go to System preferences and set that printer to default by right clicking on the printer of choice.

Not sure if the scanner works, but for now, I am happy I can print again.

*HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5 10-2007 9.7 - 174.78M

YMMV
( Last edited by alfredo; Sep 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: found a fix)

Forum Links
Forum Rules