Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Some gripes about Entourage...

Some gripes about Entourage...
kman42
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2002, 03:05 PM

Maybe I just don't know how to do the following, but:

1) why can't I assign a signature to always be used when I send an email to a specific address? I am deathly afraid of signing an email with Love when I send it to a business colleague instead of my wife. I know I can assign one to one of my outgoing accounts, but that's just not flexible enough.

2) why doesn't Entourage automatically format web addresses and email addresses as clickable? I have HTML formatting turned on.

kman

Macola
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2002, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by kman42:
<STRONG>
2) why doesn't Entourage automatically format web addresses and email addresses as clickable? I have HTML formatting turned on.
</STRONG>
Actually, it does, and you don't have to use HTML format. It just doesn't show up as a formatted URL until you send the message. For example, if you open a copy of the message in your Sent folder, or if you cc: yourself, the copy will show up with a clickable URL. Just remember to type in the full URL, including the "http://" prefix. E-mail addresses don't require the "mailto:" prefix.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Patrick_Bateman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2002, 07:04 PM

Is there any way at all I can get Entourage without buying the complete Office? I don't need everything...I really want Entourage though.

<Sean_Bateman>
Apr 2, 2002, 07:31 PM

Is there any way at all I can get Entourage without buying the complete Office? I don't need everything...I really want Entourage though.
At the moment, Entourage is only available in the Office package (AFAIK). Check the Microsoft wepage if you can buy it as a single app.

SB
Camden College

Patrick_Bateman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2002, 07:35 PM

Thank you Sean...by the way, nice name.

It looks like the only way I can get Entourage is to buy the whole suite, which I am not doing, because I would have to buy the full version...Damn them.

Any way I can download it?

Maneki Neko
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2002, 09:32 PM

In the past, MS offered a word + entourage bundle. They may again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules