Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Movie Trailors.

Movie Trailors.
Macintosh
Banned
Jun 13, 2002, 06:33 PM

I hate movie trailors and I was wondering if people do also and why they would? I hate them because they spoli movies, ruin pre conceived notions you develop by reading the plot, and ultimately give away the MOST important parts of the movie.

Because I hate them I decided to spoof them, so here is one for the movie "Signs" starring Mel Gibson and Minority Report starring Tom Cruise.

Enjoy! <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/promacintosh1" target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/promacintosh1</a>

<small>[ 06-13-2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</small>

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 13, 2002, 06:35 PM

I own 22 reels of 35mm trailers.

Why do you hate them? Since when are plot points given away?

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Jun 13, 2002, 06:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by starman:
<strong>I own 22 reels of 35mm trailers.

Why do you hate them? Since when are plot points given away?

Mike</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Maybe not the correct wording? How about plots are not so mch given away as much as they are unfolded in 60 seconds or less?

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Jun 13, 2002, 06:57 PM

Too big to view on my 56k modem, but Minority Report looks like it might be worth actually seeing in theaters. I saw the previews prior to seeing Episode 2 and I have to say it looks pretty fantastic. It's nice to see Spielbergh returning to his Science-Fiction roots. Not that stuff like "Saving Private Ryann" or "Schindlers List" were bad, but I think Spielbergh has great potentiual with Science Fiction and it's been a while since he really impressed people with his style thereof. "A.I. Artificial Intelligence" was the first real "Sci-Fi flick I saw him direct since his days of E.T. or the Indiana Jones flicks.

Mike

anarkisst
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2002, 08:08 PM

In Hollywood there are the "5 movie moments" that all movies should have. The moments that get the audience to react in some way or hold their interest. Trailers usually have 3-4 of the moments. The new Scoobie Doo movie is an example of a movie with NO movie moments. It is the most idiotic trailer I've seen in a while. And one movie I'll avoid like the plague...That's why I like trailers. They save me money.

Macintosh  (op)
Banned
Jun 13, 2002, 08:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by anarkisst:
<strong>In Hollywood there are the "5 movie moments" that all movies should have. The moments that get the audience to react in some way or hold their interest. Trailers usually have 3-4 of the moments. The new Scoobie Doo movie is an example of a movie with NO movie moments. It is the most idiotic trailer I've seen in a while. And one movie I'll avoid like the plague...That's why I like trailers. They save me money.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Ok, so put all of the best parts of the movie in 60 seconds? Sounds like a killer movie to me. More like "you dont know what you are talking about" because there is no way even 2 of the "moments" in a movie can be explained or shown in such a time frame. Apple Computer is a perfect example in terms of their previous commercials in which they only show one thing because there is no way to cover all of the things about one product in such a time period.

Why do I hate movie trailors then if they dont show everything? Because they show the CLIMAX of the movie all to often and the punch lines that I would rather no know before entering the theatre.

schep
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2002, 09:07 PM

The part in the minority report spoof where you say "every body runs, even the fat people" is funny

I think minority report is going to be good but signs looks awfully stupid

Forum Links
Forum Rules