Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Aaargh! WildEepz sucks rocks!

Aaargh! WildEepz sucks rocks!
mrmister
Mac Elite
Sep 8, 2002, 04:26 PM

I just started using the WildEepz product PowerBook Cushionz...and the first time I transport my book with them attached, they pull the paint off of my PB's chassis. I am so pissed I could spit.

PowerBook Cushionz (Stupid use of Zs, eh?)

Directions were followed, I was meticulous, blah blah blah. I'm an obsessive PB owner--which other kind of person buys things to prevent marks to the screen?

I'll post digital pictures when I get a chance, but I wanted to get this out there first.

Basically I have more or less round spots on the border of my Ti...and if for some reason you think that sounds attractive, let me assure you, it is not.

Grrrrrrrr.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 8, 2002, 05:46 PM

Ouch. I've heard success stories with iBooks, but I could see how this could happen on a TiBook...

mrmister  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 8, 2002, 05:55 PM

Wish you'd been around to advise me--their documentation is pretty thorough, and they said this kind of thing simply wasn't going to happen. They were really clear about their claims. I've sent some emails, and will post on how it all goes.

It's too bad--I like the product IN THEORY, but the practice leaves something to be desired.

justinkim
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 8, 2002, 06:39 PM

Not much help to you, but haven't had that happen to me yet. I've had cushions on my TiBook for about a month with no problems.

mrmister  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 8, 2002, 06:50 PM

Yeah, I've read good things about them--i don't know what went wrong with me, but it seemed prudent to let others know.

Forum Links
Forum Rules