Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > DC Crap

DC Crap
subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 24, 2020, 12:16 PM

WW84 left me kinda flat. She doesn’t seem to have the wide-eyed innocence which made her compelling in the first movie, and “bullied weenie” is among the dumbest and most worn out supervillain motivations. Chris Pine was funny, though.

Then, there was the Snyder Cut trailer.

“I don’t care how many demons he’s fought in how many hells. He’s never fought us. Not us united.”

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 24, 2020, 12:50 PM

I've done a poor job of following DC. I saw WW and BvS, and I think the Suicide Squad where everyone hated the joker? What's the universe makeup now? Reddit had a whole bunch of different trailers pop up this weekend so I have no idea what's new or coming out.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 24, 2020, 01:04 PM

I don’t follow it much myself, but I get the impression it’s in tumult as everything they try ends up being awful (excepting the first WW).

The Joker from Suicide Squad, while not perfect, was probably the best thing about the movie.

I’d say the scene where he’s sitting behind the giant machine gun in the helicopter is the closest a movie has come to capturing the Joker from the comic.

andi*pandi
Aug 24, 2020, 02:13 PM

Aquaman wasn't half bad. I quite enjoyed The Emancipation of Harley Quinn - taken as pure escapism and having no knowledge of the comics or any canon.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 24, 2020, 02:14 PM

Had to review the Wikipedia article.

I saw MoS and the other three I mentioned. Haven't seen Justice League, Aquaman, Shazam!, or Birds of Prey.
( Last edited by Laminar; Aug 24, 2020 at 02:24 PM. )

andi*pandi
Aug 24, 2020, 02:23 PM

Justice league felt crammed. They hadn't built the characters yet. BvS was rightfully mocked, but had its good moments. I didn't hate Batfleck at all. Shazam was fun.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 24, 2020, 02:32 PM

Justice League was bad, but at least it didn’t take a giant dump on the property like BvS did.

Ben is fine, but there’s only so much he can do with such painfully awful material. I feel bad for him.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 24, 2020, 06:57 PM

Most of them are between meh and fun. Wonder Woman was the best so far, Batman V Superman was utterly dire.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

reader50
Administrator
Aug 24, 2020, 07:13 PM

WW = good
Shazam = fun to watch
Emancipation of HQ = too silly for my taste. Some fun. But her opponents shoot & fight like storm troopers. We finally know what they look like without the armor.

I haven't watched the others, so no opinion.

Thorzdad
Aug 25, 2020, 07:15 AM

I'm not a big fan of super-hero movies. I did catch WW on cable, and thought it was more-or-less fun. The trailer for WW84 doesn't do anything for me, though. The trailer for the new Batman reboot (how many reboots is that now? 30? 40?) is just more of the same grimdark and psychopathy. Ugh.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 26, 2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
her opponents shoot & fight like storm troopers. We finally know what they look like without the armor.
We already knew that. They're all clones. Except the First Order ones. Maybe.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules